Farwell To A Sweet Lady And Friend.

Lounge By CarolAnn Updated 21 Jun 2007 , 1:15pm by CakeBaker

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 12:35am
post #1 of 374

This is very very hard for me but I feel I must post this message. It doesn't seem right to have someone so special slip away from this place un-noticed.

Skinnycakelady, who recently changed her screen name to cakerunner was killed yesterday, along with her 1 year old daughter, in a two car collision not far from her home. The three people in the other car, including a man and woman and the woman's 1 year old grandson were also killed. The only survivor was a 5 year old boy, Becky's son. He was hospitalized with 2 broken legs.

I got a call late last night from a friend telling me about the death of a dear friend and her 1 year old grandson. This was the lady in the other car. I was devastated to get the news of her tragic death. I called my dd almost right away to tell her. Then today when my dd and I went to Wal Mart we were approached by a friend of my dd's telling her that Becky had been killed in that awful accident. The shock was almost more than I could handle. We knew both of the women killed. I had to leave the store immediately, almost unaware of my two little granddaughters right next to me. My dd had stayed back to talk a few minutes and get more information.

Becky was one of the sweetest young women I have ever known. She spent many hours hanging out at our house with my dd and her best friend talking and laughing and feeling very much at home. I baked cookies and fixed dinner accross the bar from where they sat talking about everything under the sun and laughing up a storm and drawing my dh and I right into their fun. She was a lovely girl with a twinkle in her eye and a giggle that just made you grin, it was so infectious. She was full of sunshine and love. She is survived by a loving husband and three children.

Last year when I posted my picture as my avitar on CC Becky pm'd me to say "Hey, this is Becky, Dana's friend. I didn't know you were a cake fanatic too!!" After that we were off, getting to know each other on a whole new level, as two nutty ladies sharing the same passion for decorating cakes. She was a very talented decorator who made everything fun. We've been sharing ideas, techniques, business information as well as planning to get together for some hands on pratice sessions. We'd been growing more excited by the day about a class we were hoping to take together with Helen Benefiel, a very talented decorator in Lawrence, KS.

I pray that "the peace that passeth all understanding" be poured out on
these two families who have lost mothers, grandmother, wife, sister and friend. Both of them knew and loved the Lord Jesus Christ and so I know where they are today. It is for myself and the family and friends that I grieve, because we will are the ones who will feel the loss for a long long time.

Thank you for listening, and God Bless each of you today.

Carol

373 replies
azterp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azterp Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 12:45am
post #2 of 374

Carol - The news you shared is so sad. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and the families involved in this terrible accident.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 1:41am
post #3 of 374

I know that shock all too well Carol. My room mate (actually a young woman I rented a room from) with a name very similar to your, Carolyn (Ann) and her best friend Kathy had gone to join Carolyns dive team on a weekend up the coast of N. California. They were supposed to be home Sunday and by Monday morning I was getting concerned. I would call her cell phone and get her message machine, leave a message "where are you girls, your making me nervous" Kathy's husband called at 8:00 A.M. that morning from Idaho and I told him the girls weren't in yet and I was a little annoyed at them for not calling. He told me they probably decided to so some shopping in Mendocino while there, I agreed and told him I would have her call as soon as they got in. An hour later there was a local police officer at our door, Carolyn and Kathy, along with Carolyn's little dog Holly had been killed in an accident on a coastal mountain road. Some idiot apparantly got impatient with Carolyn who was driving a big old pickup truck with a camper on top, he tried to pass her, nearly hit an oncoming car. Swerved back in front of Carolyn too soon and hit her bumper. It flipped Carolyns truck on it's side, the camper flew across the road, another car in the oncoming lane swerved and hit Carolyns overturned truck. The gas tank of Carolyns truck exploded and they were trapped inside. Passersby tried to get them out but couldn't. The guy who caused the accident told people he was going to drive to the next stop and call an ambulance, these people let him go without even getting his license because they were all trying frantically to get the girls out. The other car caught fire as well and they were able to pull out three people, one of which was a baby girl. But Carolyn and Kathy died, along with little Holly. The driver of course never came back. It took 3 months for them to track him down, he lived up there but hid his truck down here in our area 4 hours away. Apparantly someone he knew finally turned him in. He admitted fault and was sentenced to 8 years for involuntary manslaughter, driving with an expired license, no insurance and 3 previous DUIs on his record. That happened in December 2002 so he may even be out on parole by now.

I feel the blessing in what happened with my friends is that neither had children, I can't imagine how difficult this will be for Becky's family, especially the little guy who survived the accident. Hopefully he will not have recall of the accident itself. I am so, so sorry to hear this. It is just awful and I wish you lived close enough where I could give you a hug.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 1:46am
post #4 of 374

I am so sorry for your loss. I can not imagine loosing that many close friends that quickly. My thoughts are with you and their families.

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 1:50am
post #5 of 374

So sorry for your loss and ours as well. She we will be in my prayers.

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 1:53am
post #6 of 374

Oh Carolann...I am so incredibly sorry...your post made me cry. I cannot imagine the pain everyone is feeling right now...please, please keep in close touch with those families that you know....you and the families will be in my prayers, I mean it.
xoxoxo
wendoger

MemphisMom9801 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MemphisMom9801 Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 1:55am
post #7 of 374

How very very sad!! Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone that has been devastated by this tragic accident. (((hugs)))

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 1:55am
post #8 of 374

Oh my gosh, how sad! My heart and prayers go out to you and to the family of everyone involved.

Life is so short. One never knows when our time on Earth will be over.

It is stories like these that remind us to live each day as if it were our last and to always let our loved ones know we love them.

Sweetcakes23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetcakes23 Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 1:56am
post #9 of 374

Carol, My sincere condolences...what an awful tragedy for this family and her friends. I know how devastating it is to lose a close friend....My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you for healing and strength.
Sweetcakes23

KonfectionKonnection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KonfectionKonnection Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 1:57am
post #10 of 374

I know nothing can really help right now, but just wanted you to know that another person's thoughts and prayers are with you and the families. I am so very sorry. ((((HUG))))

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:00am
post #11 of 374

Peace be with her and her family. What a horrible loss. My heart and prayers go out to friends and family.

Angie

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:07am
post #12 of 374

Carol and Shirley, I read your posts and I still have shivers. What horrible experiences.

Please accept my heartfelt condolences and I've already said a prayer for the family and friends of these poor victims. It's truly sad when such young people lose their lives for reasons that are so vague. Carol, I hope you get through this terrible loss by remembering the fun times you had with your friends and by knowing that they're still with you and their family members in spirit.

mopsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mopsy Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:09am
post #13 of 374

I am so very sorry for the loss you are feeling. May God comfort you now and also the families of these young people. May the Good Lord's love be with you now and in the days to come to comfort you and bring you peace.

itsloops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsloops Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:13am
post #14 of 374

It's so very hard to find the right words to say at a time like this.

I'm truly sorry for your loss and those of all families involved.

I will keep everyone in my prayers.

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:14am
post #15 of 374

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Carol, and with the families of these young people. One never knows what the day will bring. Thank God they knew the Lord and are at peace now.

Diane

ShayShay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShayShay Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:15am
post #16 of 374

Carol, my deepest sympathy to you and the families. what a tragic loss.
My prayers are with all of you (((hugs)))

Kate714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kate714 Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:16am
post #17 of 374

Carol,

That is absolutely terrible...I am thinking of you and the families of your lost friends.

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:19am
post #18 of 374

Here are more hugs for you and thier families. Prayers are going out for those whom lost loved ones. We all need to hug our families in rememberence of those who have gone.

lilmisscantbewrg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmisscantbewrg Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:19am
post #19 of 374

CarolAnn,
I'm very sorry for you and your family's loss.

mary-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mary-ann Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:21am
post #20 of 374

Carol,
My heart goes out to you. So sorry for your losses.

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:23am
post #21 of 374

There are no words that can take away the pain.

CarolAnn, my sincere condolences to you and both of your friends families.

Shirley, thank you for sharing. Sorry for your friends and their families as well.

Keeping them in our prayers.

cakes21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes21 Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:35am
post #22 of 374

I am at a loss for words, life is just way to short. I am sorry to hear about all of your losses.

sheila06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheila06 Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:35am
post #23 of 374

Carol, my heart breaks for you and those families, you will all be in my prayers.

fmcmulle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmcmulle Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:37am
post #24 of 374

Carolann,
I am so sorry to hear about your friends. I just cried when I read the story. No words can express how I think all of us here on Cake Central feel for you, your family and the other families that are involved. It is so tragic to hear of these stories, but just know you have friends here that can try and help ease the pain, if it is only to listen when you need a friend. I will say an extra prayer for all of you.
Faye

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:38am
post #25 of 374

I'm so sorry to hear what has happened. This is hitting so close to home, as Tuesday night my best friends 21 year old little sister was found in her apartment and her funeral was today. We are still do not what took her. Thankfully she did not leave children behind. The stories you both shared are so tragic and I pray for you, the victims, and their loved ones that God will bless everyone with his grace and mercy. Again, I am so incredibly sorry for you all and you have my deepest and most heartfelt condolences.
May God bless you all,
Amy

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:48am
post #26 of 374

I am praying for comfort for all the families and friends.

mbarbi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbarbi Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:56am
post #27 of 374

so sorry...condolence and prayers to you and her family.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 4:13am
post #28 of 374

Thank you for emailing me about this Carol. I love you & I'm thinking of you~ My prayers are with you & the family~ Hang in there dear sweet friend~ Becky will be missed!!

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 4:23am
post #29 of 374

I am so sorry for the lost of your friends Carolann and for the lost of a CC member.

I will pray for you and their families, for God to be with all of you and for him to stay with you all in the days to follow.

So sorry to hear of the lost of your friends also Shirley, God be with you and their families also.

Will keep all in my thoughts and prayers, May God be with all those who's hearts are broken over the lost of a family member or dear friend.

Sharon

bethyboop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethyboop Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 4:31am
post #30 of 374

my condolenses as well....
Beth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%