Look What Happened To My Beautiful Cake!!!

Decorating By peacockplace Updated 3 May 2007 , 8:21pm by peacockplace

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 12:15am
post #1 of 38

Ok... so I knew this would happen, but I think the pictures are really funny. This is my SIL and her new hubby. I thought you all could relate with watching all those hours of work being shoved up someone's nose. icon_biggrin.gif

The photos are from their photographer Bella
LL
LL

37 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 12:20am
post #2 of 38

Absolutely stunning cake. Cute bride and groom too, but don't you want to say "NO! Not MY Cake!"

GIAcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIAcakes Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 12:23am
post #3 of 38

Wow! Beautiful cake!

CakeL8T Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeL8T Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 1:18am
post #4 of 38

Personally, I tell all my bride's & grooms to do this. After all, you only get one chance, right??? Ok, that's not so true anymore but I did it to my husband!!!! The cake's going to get cut anyway!! It's gorgeous by the way, great job!!
Carrie

peacockplace Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 1:41am
post #5 of 38

Thank you guys! I just love this picture. I think it really captures the moment. Honestly I didn't care what htey did with this thing after I got it there and everyone saw it. It took Forever!!! Once it was time to cut it I was able to finally relax and watching the show.

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:52am
post #6 of 38

Wow, your layers are so incredibly tall! How wonderful! Wait... how'd you do that?

This pic is what it is all about. It looks great!
icon_smile.gif you should be proud icon_smile.gif

NickyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NickyA Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:56am
post #7 of 38

Wow, great cake. Love the lotsa layers!

peacockplace Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 3:34am
post #8 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValMommytoDanny

Wow, your layers are so incredibly tall! How wonderful! Wait... how'd you do that?

This pic is what it is all about. It looks great!
icon_smile.gif you should be proud icon_smile.gif

Thanks. The tallest layer is a little over 8" tall. It took three tries to ge the fondant on that monster. If it had been a larger cake the angle wouldn't have been so steep. After the fondant tore off the sides the second time icon_mad.gif , I had to stop and say a little prayer. I didn't think I would ever get it done.

markbolin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
markbolin Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 4:23pm
post #9 of 38

looks like your prayer was answered. the cake looks awesome!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 10:28pm
post #10 of 38

stunning work as always thumbs_up.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 10:41pm
post #11 of 38

I love that cake! And the bride's dress -- stunning! icon_biggrin.gif

peacockplace Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 1:44am
post #12 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

I love that cake! And the bride's dress -- stunning! icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you so much! I loved her dress too! It was actually reasonably priced. When she saw it online she knew it was "the one". It was the same for the cake. She saw one like it in a magazine, and looked throught hundreds more, but was in love with this one.

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 1:49am
post #13 of 38

Wow, you did a great job.

Awesome. How many did it serve??

Wow, is all I can say, my chin is still hanging on the desk!!LOL

Good Luck on your next one!!

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:05am
post #14 of 38

Wow.....that cake is awesome. I love your work...great job! It's also nice to hear that you great decorators that I look up to have trouble with your fondant too (sorry if that sounds mean....it really isn't meant to be) but I always have trouble with it and you make it look so easy like you never have any problems or issues with it. It just makes me wanna keep trying! icon_biggrin.gif

peacockplace Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 2:26am
post #15 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbenjr

Wow.....that cake is awesome. I love your work...great job! It's also nice to hear that you great decorators that I look up to have trouble with your fondant too (sorry if that sounds mean....it really isn't meant to be) but I always have trouble with it and you make it look so easy like you never have any problems or issues with it. It just makes me wanna keep trying! icon_biggrin.gif

LOL! That reminds me of a show I was watching with Colette Peters on it. She was doing a cake and at the bottom the fondant was wrinkled and bunched up. I almost cheered at the TV... "she is human."

christeena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christeena Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 3:07am
post #16 of 38

The cake is great but I LOVE that dress!! But then again I'd have to lose 40 pounds to look even remotely like I should be wearing it! Tell your SIL for me that she sure looked stunning in that dress!!

peacockplace Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 12:44pm
post #17 of 38

LOL. I'll let her konw.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 1:04pm
post #18 of 38

The cake is beautiful, but ohh such tall tiers! How did you serve the tall ones? I was at a wedding once (ugliest cake I'd ever seen) and the server cut halfway thru a tier, plated that, then cut down thru the second half and plated that. Get the picture? I know my mouth fell open. Not only did it make very small pieces but it looked a mess. Tasted bad too. I think I laughed halfway home. Your cake is wonderful, as usual. The brides dress IS very beautiful.

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 1:11pm
post #19 of 38

Wow the cake is stunning! I would be like you I think, once it was there and all was well who cares what happens next lol. They look happy, and I was too busy looking at the cake to notice the dress icon_lol.gif it is beautiful too though icon_lol.gif

Majie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Majie Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 1:12pm
post #20 of 38

simply stunning, thats it!!!!!
LL

peacockplace Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 1:18pm
post #21 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustbunny

Wow the cake is stunning! I would be like you I think, once it was there and all was well who cares what happens next lol. They look happy, and I was too busy looking at the cake to notice the dress icon_lol.gif it is beautiful too though icon_lol.gif

Yep... I'm not one of those "I hate to see it cut" people. Once it's there and the people are happy... I get such a rush. If I'm attending the wedding I'm like hurry up... I want some cake! icon_biggrin.gif

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 1:26pm
post #22 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacockplace

Yep... I'm not one of those "I hate to see it cut" people. Once it's there and the people are happy... I get such a rush. If I'm attending the wedding I'm like hurry up... I want some cake! icon_biggrin.gif

Kristy, I agree with you on that! And yes, that is the most stunning cake and bride. And the sunset in the background was perfect too.

But you didn't answer the question, how many servings was it suppose to be for?

amycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amycake Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 1:38pm
post #23 of 38

That cake is beautiful. To beautiful to cut and smoosh. LOL It must have taken you quite a long time to make.

Rikke_Denmark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rikke_Denmark Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 1:50pm
post #24 of 38

Congrats whit you daugther and new son icon_wink.gif

Amesing cake icon_biggrin.gif

MahalKita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MahalKita Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 11:20pm
post #25 of 38

Beautiful cake & pictures princess.gif

peacockplace Posted 1 May 2007 , 12:24am
post #26 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikke_Denmark

Congrats whit you daugther and new son icon_wink.gif

Amesing cake icon_biggrin.gif

LOL... She's actually my husband's sister , my sister-in-law. We are really close though. I married her brother 10 years ago when she was 10. She has four brothers so she was really excited when we got married and she got a sister.

About the cake. Here's a little secret. Except for the part that they cut... it's all dummys. I cut a big wedge out of the bottom dummy and put real cake in there for them to cut. I made 200 servings of kitchen cakes. She loved the idea because it allowed me to make her grooms cake (chocolate steer in my gallery) and attend all the wedding functions. No one at the wedding had a clue. Plus I get to keep this beauty on my shelf and she get to "visit" it when she comes over. She still gets excited to see it. (They have only been married for two months) icon_biggrin.gif

Rikke_Denmark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rikke_Denmark Posted 1 May 2007 , 4:03pm
post #27 of 38

LOL ok. But still family icon_wink.gif

Well your dummy-cake is still beutifull and amesing icon_biggrin.gif

peacockplace Posted 1 May 2007 , 11:00pm
post #28 of 38

Thank you and welcom to CC. thumbs_up.gif

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 2 May 2007 , 12:47am
post #29 of 38

Beautiful cake....and I love the idea that you get to "keep" it! haa haa!

peacockplace Posted 3 May 2007 , 1:11pm
post #30 of 38

Thanks! Me too. I'm working on a good collection of dummy cakes. This one is sitting the shelf right next to my cake from Colette's class! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%