Cake Is Stuck In Pan...

Decorating By mkolmar Updated 28 Apr 2007 , 11:50pm by mkolmar

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 3:31pm
post #1 of 9

I have just made a 12 x 18 cake and it's stuck in the pan. I greased the pan well so I don't know why it's stuck. How do I get it out of the pan in one piece????

8 replies
rigama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rigama Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 9

did you let it cool in the pan? Something that helps me when I space out and don't flip it before it's cool is to nuke some wet towels till they're hot and then wrap them around the bottom and sides of the pan. This loosens up the grease and the cake will typically pop right out.

good luck!

mkolmar Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks I'm going to try that. I normally flip the cakes out of the pan after 10 minutes but since it is a 12 x 18 (never made before) I let it cool for about 27 minutes. I hate this cake already!

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 9

I feel your pain mkolmar .. I baked 2 chocolate cakes and both stuck to the bottom of the pans .. there was no salvaging mine ... but they'll make nice cake bites icon_biggrin.gif I learned with the next set it line the bottom with parchment paper ... then those stuck to the sides of the pan somewhat ... so the next 2 I did, I lined the bottom and collared the sides with parchment paper .. it came right out and I had no problems at all with it ... it's just that one chocolate cake I bake that wants to do that to me.

mkolmar Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 9

well the cake didn't make it. It stuck in the pan in chuncks. bake to baking another one. Oh well, thanks for trying to help. I'm wondering if maybe I just didn't grease it enough.

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 4:35pm
post #6 of 9

I ALWAYS line my pans with parchment paper or waxed paper. Then I let it cool in the pan for a bit. When I'm ready to take it out I run a knife around the sides to make sure it's not stuck anywhere and then I flip it over. Works EVERY time. Cakes NEVER stick to the pans. thumbs_up.gif

mkolmar Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 10:39pm
post #7 of 9

well I just baked the 2nd one and it flipped out perfectly. I went to the store and bought parchment paper. (I was out and thought if I greased it well enough it may not matter--oops, never again!) AS GOD AS MY WITNESS I WILL NEVER BE TO LAZY TO GO TO THE STORE AGAIN! (if it's cake related icon_wink.gif

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 11:35pm
post #8 of 9

a tip i have is to line it with 2 layers of parchment. it helps keep the cake from browning/crusting too much on the bottom since it is a big cake and takes a bit longer to bake.

mkolmar Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 11:50pm
post #9 of 9

good tip!!! Thanks for sharing it. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%