Do You Talk To Your Cake?

Lounge By sharitos Updated 1 May 2007 , 10:49am by MsRhonda

sharitos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharitos Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 7:22am
post #1 of 24

This may sound weird... and perhaps it is. i'm icing my daughter's b-day cake and its past 2am. Everyone is asleep. I have my computer on to this site. It makes me feel like there's a bunch of people cheering me on and available to help me. I thought that my cake was going to be ruined because the icing on the sides did not look so good. I started to talk to my cake and I coached it on to perfectly smooth sides. Does anyone else talk to their cake?

23 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 11:03am
post #2 of 24

Oh the other day at 3:00 am I was chanting..."Don't lean this time please, OH PLEASE Don't lean", then when I got through I said "Thank you for listening" lol icon_wink.gif

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 11:18am
post #3 of 24

oh, YES, I do it all the time. I am a firm believer in coaching inanimate object to bend to me will. LOL!!

My family leaves me alone when they hear me muttering in the kitchen! icon_lol.gif

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 11:47am
post #4 of 24

along w/
to the computer (usually yelling at it for being so mean)
to the air
to the furniture
to the food I'm cooking
to nothing in particular
to myself

(oh, no....have to run now...the people w/ the white coats are coming!)

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 1:17pm
post #5 of 24

icon_redface.gif sad to admit, but I too have that talking to my cakes. Especially at 2 in the morning. I even sometimes put down my piping bag, and just say to it, "please be nice to me, we want you to look your best you know" icon_confused.gif Then when it really looks like I may lose it, the bad words start to come out. tapedshut.gificon_mad.gif

So chin up, smile, because if someone walks by while you are talking to your cake, it will make them think, "what is she up to now"? icon_cool.gif

Have a great day, and keep on talking!!!! thumbs_up.gif

mom2seven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2seven Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 1:50pm
post #6 of 24

Well I have been known to yell at mine, LOL. icon_lol.gif

I'm like Doug also, I talk to everything! icon_lol.gif

TheKookieWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheKookieWench Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 3:05pm
post #7 of 24

I talk to my cakes all the time. And last week when I made my first batch of smbc, I was having a high-ho conversation with it, lol. I got to, so it will act right and ease my nerves.

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 3:14pm
post #8 of 24

YUP!

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 3:33pm
post #9 of 24

I too talk my cakes, cookies, computer...

I'm talking to everything. Maybe the men in white coats will come get me after they take care of Doug icon_confused.gif
icon_lol.gif

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 5:17pm
post #10 of 24

Of course I do!!!
Ahem i meant dont....

I also talk to my car

DuckyChickenLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DuckyChickenLady Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 7:23pm
post #11 of 24

lol...I talk to my cakes too.
Maybe this is a sign we need to get out more? icon_confused.gif

kbochick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbochick Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 7:27pm
post #12 of 24

I talk to myself and anything around me. The odd thing is that I will sometimes hold their end of the conversations for them. I'll often sing as well. I don't usually do it if there's anybody else in the room, though. icon_wink.gif

Silver044 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Silver044 Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 7:34pm
post #13 of 24

I'm with pootchi! I talk to everything. I have done stone carving and ceramics too and they seem to talk back to me! LOL. I gues they may take me soon!

KatieTaylor77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieTaylor77 Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:20am
post #14 of 24

only when its being naughty! icon_lol.gif

rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 3:49am
post #15 of 24

yup. Just this morning when I was making a pregnant belly cake......just as I was about to lay the fondat dress over the boob section I said "time to get you dressed, woman."
Am I weird?

heather2780 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heather2780 Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 4:16am
post #16 of 24

I talk to my cakes all the time my DH thinks im crazy my kids have often come out to see who im talking to I talk to them just like there my babies.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 10:49pm
post #17 of 24

You mean not everyone talks to their cakes? icon_confused.gif How odd. I know I do!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 11:20pm
post #18 of 24

You mean there are people who DON'T talk to inanimate objects?

Silver044 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Silver044 Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 12:45am
post #19 of 24

LOL you guys crack me up!!

Aimeestrange Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aimeestrange Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 3:32am
post #20 of 24

I laughed at this topic at first! I mean I talk to people, and I talk to animals, *pshha* how silly to talk to inanimate objects! icon_razz.gif

THEN it hit me! icon_eek.gif And I think to myself "Oh duh, yeah you do it too dumb***!" (hits hand in middle of forehead)

The car has a name, my euphonium is named "Sousa", my baritone horn is "Giada"...and my poor mixer is hopefully only temporarily stuck with "Bertha"!

So indeed I guess I am "normal"...rut roh here come the guys in white lab coats and lithium ......

nickymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickymom Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 3:38am
post #21 of 24

OMGoodness Yes i do! LOL I've been "afraid" to ask if yall did that too for fear yall would think I'm insane! LOL Glad I'm not the the only one who talks to their cake.

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 3:53am
post #22 of 24

I can honestly say that I do not talk to my cakes...However, I'm usually too busy yelling at the kidsicon_razz.gif Well, my mom is alot of times in the kitchen making bread at the same time so I've always got her to talk to unless I'm up late decorating. I don't think others are weird to do so but...yeah. I guess I just keep all the thoughts up inside my head. icon_rolleyes.gif

Aimeestrange Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aimeestrange Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 3:55am
post #23 of 24

hehehe you get a prize for being unique i guess!!!!

MsRhonda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsRhonda Posted 1 May 2007 , 10:49am
post #24 of 24

I talk to my cakes, myself, the wall, the icing, anything that won't get up and leave. I am also famous for trying to imagine a design in my head by sitting there with my eyes closed tight "drawing" in the air and talking to the cake to be.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%