Lots And Lots Of Chocolate Dipped Oreos

Baking By jescapades Updated 18 Sep 2007 , 4:49pm by mom23kids

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 2:51am
post #1 of 48

i was invited to a charity craft fair in may at my dh's company and i am going to be selling lots of goodies! i started making chocolate dipped oreos tonight and am almost done (yay!) here's what i have so far. let me know what you think!

thanks!
LL

47 replies
booberfrog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
booberfrog Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 2:56am
post #2 of 48

I think they look great! You can ship one my way!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 3:11am
post #3 of 48

Very nice! I can't wait for my molds to arrive!

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 3:22am
post #4 of 48

They look fabulous! How much do you charge for those?

kidsnurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kidsnurse Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 3:30am
post #5 of 48

looks yummy!!

jescapades Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 3:45am
post #6 of 48

thanks!

revel, i typically charge $4.50 per half dozen, but i'm not sure what to charge for these. dh says he thinks i can get $3 a box, but i'm not sure i want to charge that much. i'll have to think about it.

booberfrog, i'd be happy to send you a box! icon_biggrin.gif

michelle, i've seen you on some of the other chocolate oreo threads. you will have so much fun with the molds! i can't stop! and soon you will be looking at everything in terms of 'will oreos fit in there?' lol.

i got these on ebay the other day and can't wait to make minis. (they are straw hats!)
LL

tayesmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tayesmama Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 5:06am
post #7 of 48

They look great! And making (AND eating!) oreos sure can be addicting! icon_rolleyes.gifthumbs_up.gif

tdybear1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdybear1978 Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 5:19am
post #8 of 48

I'm sorry, i have never heard of oreo molds - what are these and where can I get them??

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 5:24am
post #9 of 48

OMG!!! icon_eek.gif OREO COOKIES!!! (in the voice of cookie monster! LOL)

Those look great! Send some my way too! Why haven't I done this yet??

jenz0991 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenz0991 Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 7:38am
post #10 of 48

Where did you get those cute little boxes to put the oreos in? By the way they look great, I have to order my molds soon!

indigojods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indigojods Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 7:49am
post #11 of 48

Your cookies look great Jessica! I really like how you boxed them up. I agree with your husband that you could sell those for $3 a box. I am also interested in where you got those boxes, too cute!

cupcakegirl27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakegirl27 Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 7:53am
post #12 of 48

It's almost 2am here and I saw your picture of choclate covered oreos. Yummy!! I want one or two, better make it three. Those look very good. Now I need something covered in chocolate!!!

megamere Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megamere Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 10:16am
post #13 of 48

I wouldn't charge anything less than 3 dollars!

jescapades Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 1:43pm
post #14 of 48

thank you everyone! wow, you think i can really get $3 a box??

i got the boxes at www.plasticcontainercity.com. i got ones for my strawberries and chocolate mice too. they were a pretty good price and really fast shipping!

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 1:52pm
post #15 of 48

speaking of oreos.... I was in wal-mart the other day and they have an oreo out now that is called Strawberry Milkshake.... it is the regular chocolate cookie with a strawberry milkshake flavored cream center... they are pretty good and throw a little different flavor into a chocolate covered oreo. How do you order your molds on Ebay, I have only ever used spinningleaf.com!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 1:53pm
post #16 of 48

Yes, you can. At winter holiday time, I met a woman who was selling 6 coated oreos, with sprinkles (jimmies) on them, in a single rose box, with tissue and a ribbon, for $9.00 each!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

StaceyC3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StaceyC3 Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 2:04pm
post #17 of 48

THANK YOU for the link to the plastic container site!!! It's just what I've been looking for. And your Oreos look great! thumbs_up.gif

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 2:13pm
post #18 of 48

Oh, yeah, Plastic Container City is a great place to shop. They have everything you can think of needing, and more.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

eagerlearner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eagerlearner Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 2:14pm
post #19 of 48

Sorry... but all this is greek to me.... icon_redface.gif what is this new oreo phenomenon I haven't heard about? icon_confused.gif

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 2:29pm
post #20 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarBakerz

speaking of oreos.... I was in wal-mart the other day and they have an oreo out now that is called Strawberry Milkshake.... it is the regular chocolate cookie with a strawberry milkshake flavored cream center... they are pretty good and throw a little different flavor into a chocolate covered oreo. How do you order your molds on Ebay, I have only ever used spinningleaf.com!

on ebay, type in sandwich cookie mold. Scroll down a little and there is an ebay store selling them for $2.00!!! They are the plain molds but I like those because you can dress them for any occasion.

sweetjane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjane Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 2:30pm
post #21 of 48

Just wanted to let you guys know you've turned me on to a new addiction!! The oreos are the coolest thing and don't require a lot of decorating skill for those of us that are pastry bag challenged. Due to a stroke, I'm looking for other ways to create stuff that still makes you look like a genius and these do the trick!
Thanks for all the input - keep it coming.
ps: found some cool bags for these at www.sugarcraft.com

jescapades Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 3:05pm
post #22 of 48

i buy from cybrtrayd on ebay. their molds about about $2 a piece. and i love www.onestopcandle.com

jane, welcome! the oreos are so much fun! you might also want to try chocolate mice if you are interested in chocolates. they are adorable and really very easy.
LL
LL

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 10:35pm
post #23 of 48

I got my molds today!! Woohoo!! I haven't had the chance to try them out yet because we were having a new floor put down in our kitchen today. Hubby can't wait for me to make some. LOL! I got 2 plain and the awareness ribbon as my freebie!

mississippigirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mississippigirl Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 12:52am
post #24 of 48

were these the boxes you used from www.plastccontainercity.com? KC057-48-89.. they look similar, but i'm not really sure. Thanks for the information. I have a Relay for Life fundraiser to do in May, and we are having a bake sale. I have the ribon molds and thought i would do some with a pink ribon. I made some for a sids fundraiser a week ago, and did not have a problem getting 2.00 for 2 covered oreos in cello bags. so i would love to do some in these boxes... they look even better.

jescapades Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 1:11am
post #25 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippigirl

were these the boxes you used from www.plastccontainercity.com? KC057-48-89.. they look similar, but i'm not really sure. Thanks for the information. I have a Relay for Life fundraiser to do in May, and we are having a bake sale. I have the ribon molds and thought i would do some with a pink ribon. I made some for a sids fundraiser a week ago, and did not have a problem getting 2.00 for 2 covered oreos in cello bags. so i would love to do some in these boxes... they look even better.

if i remember correctly, mine are vp721-89. they were .91 a piece. good luck with the bake sale.

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 10:59pm
post #26 of 48

If those were .91 a piece, I would definitely charge $3. I think you'll get it easily.

By the way, I found the mint centered oreos. They are soooooo good dipped in chocolate, like the thin mints the GS sell.

mississippigirl Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 11:50pm
post #27 of 48

I've been asked to make a dozen chocolate covered oreos. I bought some 1Lb boxes from Hobby Lobby and they are way too small. (They hold 3). I'm putting them in muffin liners so that takes up some space. I wish i could find something with a clear top but i'll take anything. Anyone have any ideas?

jescapades Posted 1 May 2007 , 2:07am
post #28 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississippigirl

I've been asked to make a dozen chocolate covered oreos. I bought some 1Lb boxes from Hobby Lobby and they are way too small. (They hold 3). I'm putting them in muffin liners so that takes up some space. I wish i could find something with a clear top but i'll take anything. Anyone have any ideas?

how about number KC057-48-89 from plasticcontainercity.com? i don't how many will fit, but they are nice looking.

mississippigirl Posted 1 May 2007 , 2:20am
post #29 of 48

i was just looking at that one. I think i'm going to order it now... thanks for the suggestion

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 1 May 2007 , 4:08am
post #30 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetflowers

If those were .91 a piece, I would definitely charge $3. I think you'll get it easily.

By the way, I found the mint centered oreos. They are soooooo good dipped in chocolate, like the thin mints the GS sell.

Ohhhh, you have to try the mint oreos dipped in mint chocolate!! SOOOOO GOOD!!!

I also just LOVE the peanut butter oreos dipped in the wilton peanut butter melts!! OMG!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%