A Great Big Thank You To Everyone?

Decorating By lastingmoments Updated 6 May 2005 , 1:01pm by m0use

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 5 May 2005 , 8:03am
post #1 of 6

Hi
I just wanted to say that i have learned alot in the short time that i have been here .......
when ever things came to me I just asked and search and of course evryone had several recipes and ideas.....
tonight i made a bunch of cakes for a tasting and decided to try some recipes icon_biggrin.gif
they where all very easy and i LOVE them..... icon_razz.gif

WHOEVER CREATED MMF.......I love you! icon_lol.gif
my mom never liked for us to play with play-doh whe we were little so when I discovered fondant...i fell in love .....After a while it became costly to buy the already made stuff...so i figured I would use the wilton recipe....Hello after discover how easy and how good MMF taste i dont think i will ever use that other stuff again.

I also tried dawns buttercream .....MMMMMMMMMMM
and a dreamwhip...MMMMMMMM

then after all this .....my sister decided to get married tomarrow...so here I am getting my left over batter and whipped up one of these frosting recipes and made her a cake.......
granted since i had so much to do I was rushed i could have done better but excited about the what Ive tried tonight
oh by the way I posted the pics of my cakes that i did tonight....

Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif [/img]

5 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 5 May 2005 , 1:24pm
post #2 of 6

Well I am glad you posted the picture... it was pretty nice for a last second cake, imagine if you had months/weeks to plan!

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 5 May 2005 , 1:35pm
post #3 of 6

good job!! how awesome!!
so, you liked the MMF?... what was your routine to making it?
i cant do mine on my counter,,its tile.. do you mix on counter or in a large bowl?

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 5 May 2005 , 9:04pm
post #4 of 6

it was really easy......... i just used a glass bowl and mixed it by hand.......
it mixed alot easier than i thought ....

I was yelling to myself in the kitchen at 1am last night......I cant believe thats it!!!! icon_lol.gif
Boy does it ever taste better than regular fondant....
alot of people say that fondant taste bad ......I was like it taste good.....
hello compare to MMF boy was I wrong......

oh back to what i was saying....

it reminded me of making biscuts or something ......I added my melted marshmellow to the suger...i just made a well and dumped it in ....then i slowly went rolled it around until all the suger was added...once i got the right consistancy I just stopped adding suger! to my bowl

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 5 May 2005 , 9:19pm
post #5 of 6

well a big welcome to you!...and i too love the person who came up with mmf!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 6 May 2005 , 1:01pm
post #6 of 6

I want to try it icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif I just now got my kitchen cleaned enough to make MMF...and I ran out of time yesterday icon_cry.gif and I have to work for the next 4 days (12 hour shifts) icon_cry.gif
Well....maybe I can make time over the weekend and let it sit until Tuesday..
Glad to be of help...isn't this site great???? thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%