Pictures In Gallery-Do You Check For Comments After A While?

Decorating By MariaLovesCakes Updated 11 May 2006 , 7:55pm by MariaLovesCakes

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 11 May 2006 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 17

This may be a silly question, but I can't keep up with all the pics that are posted, so I end up going to gallery to look at what's been added.

Do you look at your pictures after a while of being posted to see if any more comments have been posted?

I am only asking because sometimes I hesitate to comment on cake pics because its been a couple of days since they've been posted and don't know if you will see my questions and/or compliments.

anyone?

16 replies
doofusmongerbeep Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doofusmongerbeep Posted 11 May 2006 , 5:57pm
post #2 of 17

Mine is actually set up to notify me via email when comments about my cakes are posted. So I know right away if someone's posted a comment/question.

tysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tysmom Posted 11 May 2006 , 5:59pm
post #3 of 17

I will ususally go in and check a couple times a week.

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 11 May 2006 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 17

I always go back to look to see if any comments or anything was posted.

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 11 May 2006 , 6:00pm
post #5 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by doofusmongerbeep

Mine is actually set up to notify me via email when comments about my cakes are posted. So I know right away if someone's posted a comment/question.

Mine too. I always look forward to reading the comments. The option is in your forum info...

Always notify me of new comments:
If "Allow Comments" is set to "YES". Sends an e-mail when someone posts a comment on one of your uploaded photos.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 11 May 2006 , 6:02pm
post #6 of 17

I sometimes go back and check to see if there are any new comments. I just changed my option to notify me of new comments. Thanks!

AmberCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmberCakes Posted 11 May 2006 , 6:02pm
post #7 of 17

I was thinking the same. I wanted to comment on a picture from last year. But, hesitated because no one commented on it after last year. So, I didn't. I guess I should have. LOL. I will next time.

But, I do check my picture comments like once or twice a month.

~Josie

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 11 May 2006 , 6:02pm
post #8 of 17

I check every day for a few days, and then every now and then after that, to see if anyone has asked any questions and see new comments too. Finding a new comment on an old picture always makes my day!

AuntEm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntEm Posted 11 May 2006 , 6:04pm
post #9 of 17

I check and I have it selected to notify me.
Aunt Em

shrek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shrek Posted 11 May 2006 , 6:05pm
post #10 of 17

i too get notified, but sometimes i am just too excited about my cakes that i start to constantly check. even if i have posted a picture a long time ago i still check to see if anyone else has posted any comments about it. i need all the help i can get.

Samsgranny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Samsgranny Posted 11 May 2006 , 6:49pm
post #11 of 17

I too have it set up to notify me and it's always nice when someone takes the time to make a comment on your cake.

Best regards,

AuntieTina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieTina Posted 11 May 2006 , 6:58pm
post #12 of 17

I have mine set to notify me.

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 11 May 2006 , 7:04pm
post #13 of 17

I am so addicted to this site I don't even know why I have it set to notify me icon_smile.gif I am here anyway!

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 11 May 2006 , 7:06pm
post #14 of 17

Mine is set up to let me know through my email. I will always go and look at it. I look through them from time to time and see how many are a favorite of others.

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 11 May 2006 , 7:09pm
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrek

i too get notified, but sometimes i am just too excited about my cakes that i start to constantly check. even if i have posted a picture a long time ago i still check to see if anyone else has posted any comments about it. i need all the help i can get.

Too funny shrek, I do the same thing icon_redface.gif ...my cap is never to full for some more feathers. icon_lol.gif

DiscoLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiscoLady Posted 11 May 2006 , 7:15pm
post #16 of 17

I didn't realize we could be notified! So glad you mentioned it, I changed mine too icon_smile.gif
It was easier to check the most recent cakes before but the gallery has changed now and the most recent cakes do not show up as the first cakes.
Now I just click on recent uploads (I think that's what it's called). I'm always amazed at how many new cakes are posted in here on a day to day basis. There're are so many creative people all over the place!!

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 11 May 2006 , 7:55pm
post #17 of 17

Great! Thanks everyone!

I missed that from the questions on the set up of my account. I also checked it to nofity as well.

Okay, then, I will be putting comments on for a lot of you. I admire all of your cakes and I am glad you are sharing them with the rest of us.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%