Augh! Japanese Anime!

Decorating By LanaC Updated 28 Apr 2007 , 8:27pm by LanaC

LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 5:26pm
post #1 of 6

Okay, this post is to do little more than vent and to then get ideas. My son had FINALLY decided to depart from his standard cake and has asked for one based on Naruto. I figure fine, I've made fairies, I can make a Japanese ninja type dude. Oh, wrong. I have the face and the head, the body structure and the boots. No arms because the bad boy is thankfully wearing a cape. Here's the problem, it's too heavy and the body is pulling apart from the head. I've put it on its side so that it will hopefully dry right, but I can see the crack starting now. I have REALLY put a lot of early detail into the hair and face - my bad, I guess. All I need to do is attach the cape and keep the neck from falling apart. I've put a dowell into him so that he will stand up straight on the cake, but the weight was causing the fondant to loosen around the dowel.

Should I have waited until a different time to use the dowel? If I moosh his chest back up to where the neck should be, will it dry relatively right? Also, I need to attach hands to the outside of the cape once it's completed. What will make it stick on there? Will corn syrup work?

TIA

5 replies
mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 5:37pm
post #2 of 6

I am tired of Anime as well.....I finished the Naruto cake, now I have to do Bleach....never heard of it till I had to do this...
I think a little water with a paintbrush will work for the rest of it, and I'd toothpick his little self together.

LanaC Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 6

I've never tried this before, and fairies are so forgiving. This guy - no way. What is Bleach????

Here he is so far... I'm letting him sit in the oven for a while to make sure the neck will hold. I still have to paint his hair black and do his face. Oh, and I am LOVING Americolor Super Black.
LL

LanaC Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 9:23pm
post #4 of 6

Okay, he's coming along. This Naruto thing doesn't seem that bad now that I'm on this end of the deal.
LL

mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 2:32am
post #5 of 6

LOL I just did FBCT for mine....thats really good!!!
I have the finished Bleach cake in my photos....I hope I don't have to do anymore anime anytime soon...lol

LanaC Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 8:27pm
post #6 of 6

I'm back to hating anime again because it couldn't possibly be operator error icon_rolleyes.gif . Right before putting that bad boy on the top of the cake, his head does a Linda Blair and spins right off of his body onto the tile floor. Hair goes everywhere. I grabbed that bad boy, used ELMERS and have gently informed my son that he cannot be consumed for any reason (like someone would want to eat Wilton anyway). At least it's done!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%