Duff's Superbowl Cake

Decorating By shelbur10 Updated 2 May 2007 , 1:18am by wgoat5

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 11:54am
post #1 of 20

I know we spend a lot of time talking about Duff here, but I can't resist...did ya'll see his superbowl cake last night???? WOW!!!! Either they didn't show it or I missed it, does anyone know how he made the base of the Lombardi trophy? Was that CAKE???? icon_eek.gif
And I still can't get over how beautifully they can pipe!

19 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 12:03pm
post #2 of 20

I totally agree. That cake was awesome.

And I wish I could write with a pen the way those gals can with piping bags.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 12:30pm
post #3 of 20

No kidding! I recorded the show but only saw the end. I'll have to go back and see what it was made of. I was wondering too.

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 12:58pm
post #4 of 20

OMG they pipe better than I write with a pencil lol, must be nice.
Can you believe I fell asleep during the last commercial break? I was so mad when I woke up and Alton was talking (although I love him too).
The show was very good and what I saw of the cake was awesome too. I about died when Peyton Manning broke, being from Indiana and all.

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 8:09pm
post #5 of 20

i was waiting for a post about this cake! I could not take it! i was glued to the tv and then when it repeated i watched it again LOL. I love duff. I also loved how he was so juiced when he saw than big old billboard of himself.. i would have done the same thing..

that typewriter cake was awesome too..

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 8:25pm
post #6 of 20

Lil, I would have broken down crying, right in the middle of Times Square.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

lilthorner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilthorner Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 8:55pm
post #7 of 20

so Theresa, its not just me?!

Rosie_from_MD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie_from_MD Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 1:03am
post #8 of 20

I got to see it last night also, but I don't recall them showing what the bottom of the trophy was at all. But it was a totally awesome cake!!

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 1:12am
post #9 of 20

icon_sad.gif i didnt see it...my cable cut out just before.

gibbler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gibbler Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 1:27am
post #10 of 20

I don't think they showed what the base was made of, or the football, but when they were setting it up Geof mentioned chocolate to help the football stay on top. I wonder if it was all chocolate?

I thought the typewriter was pretty kewl too.

Did you notice the other bald guy...I can't remember his name...his shirt said "Is Duff sneaking up behind me?" They all really seem to have a good time together. It must be nice to do what you love all day with people you like to be around...and get your big old head on a billboard in times square.

MavericksMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MavericksMommy Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 1:33am
post #11 of 20

I watched it when it repeated last night at 1 am. I don't think they showed what the base was made of. I think the football was cake covered in chocolate though. I remember them covering it but I can't remember what was under it!! I'll have to watch it again on Sunday.
That was pretty cool that they got to swim with the dolphins, I've done it twice myself and it is an awesome experience!
I wish I could work there!

aussienyankie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aussienyankie Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 1:41am
post #12 of 20

I believe it was made with styrofoam....

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 1:46am
post #13 of 20

The Super Bowl cake was good but I didn't think it held a candle to the artistic value of the Typewriter. That typewriter was truly awesome in every way IMO.
This episode was a personal all-time favorite for me! icon_biggrin.gif

pinklady1356 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklady1356 Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 1:54am
post #14 of 20

I missed the show.. grrrrrr... Wonder if it is going to come back and replay it again? icon_sad.gif

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 3:57am
post #15 of 20

I wonder what they charged for that typewriter cake? The TIME that went into is amazing.... I wish I had half the talent he has in his little pinky!

melissa[/i]

cupcakegirl27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakegirl27 Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 8:01am
post #16 of 20

The superbowl cake was great. Does anyone know if Duff is going to have his shows on DVD ever? I know I would love to see more of his show or be able to pause it to check out details when ever I wanted.

bakerladybec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerladybec Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 8:40am
post #17 of 20

I saw the show where they did the superbowl cake, it was awesome!!!
I don't know about a dvd but I tivo his show and on my day off I transfer everything over to vhs tapes. then I have them . l

bec

bakerladybec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerladybec Posted 1 May 2007 , 11:39am
post #18 of 20

I tivo'd the show and now I'll put it over to vhs for future reference, I try to learn how they're putting things together so I can try to reproduce some facimile of the cake at my shop.

and yes the typewriter cake was awesome so was the scrabble board!!
and the Preakness cake.

I love duff.......he's my idol.........lol..........I really do like him I'd love to take lessons from him.

gotta go.....work calls...
bec..(bakerladybec)

daisyblue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisyblue Posted 2 May 2007 , 1:07am
post #19 of 20

Dustbunny, I kind of spazed out too when the Peyton figure was killed!! (I'm from TN & he use to play for the VOLS before he went to the Colts.) But everything turned out fantastic in the end!! I do have to say though that although I love my Duffy, I think he was handeling the football cake a little too much because it left fingerprints all over it. Did anyone else notice that? Other than that, Duff & Geof were cutie patooties & the cake was awesome!!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 2 May 2007 , 1:18am
post #20 of 20

Duff is coming out on DVD .... I'll try to check the dates...this whole season

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%