Need Color "recipe" For Spiderman Red & Blue,

Decorating By Tiga Updated 11 May 2006 , 8:20am by nickdrewnjaysmom

Tiga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiga Posted 10 May 2006 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 7

Just got an emergency cake request from a friend for a Spiderman cake for her son's birthday this weekend.

I'll be doing BCT and am pretty comfortable with that technique (thanks to this place!!!), but I do need an assist on how to get that perfect Spidey red and Spidey blue.

A pink and robin's egg blue Spiderman cake is not going to go over well for a 4 year old boy.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

6 replies
reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 10 May 2006 , 9:55pm
post #2 of 7

I used lots of "red red" and "sky blue" for mine but you might try a "royal blue" for the true Spiderman blue. You can check out my pics to see if it works for you. Good luck.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 10 May 2006 , 10:01pm
post #3 of 7

Americolor Super Red and Royal Blue.

PinkPanther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkPanther Posted 10 May 2006 , 10:40pm
post #4 of 7

I recently did a Spiderman cake and used Wilton's no taste red and royal blue, and I think they turned out ok. It's in my photos. thumbs_up.gif

Tiga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiga Posted 10 May 2006 , 11:45pm
post #5 of 7

Where could I find the Americolor? I can get Wilton at Superwalmart.

There is a Michael's fairly close by, and a professional cake decorators' shop, as well. Would either of those carry the Americolor, do you think?

I used Wilton no-taste red for an Elmo cake, and it took a lot. I used their black for a Darth Vader cake and we all had purple tongues!

nickdrewnjaysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickdrewnjaysmom Posted 11 May 2006 , 8:19am
post #6 of 7

Hi,
I made a spiderman cake a while ago, and I bought the spiderman color set from wilton. It is a little package, I am not sure if they still sell it..
JoAnn

nickdrewnjaysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickdrewnjaysmom Posted 11 May 2006 , 8:20am
post #7 of 7

Hi,
I made a spiderman cake a while ago, and I bought the spiderman color set from wilton. It is a little package, I am not sure if they still sell it..
JoAnn

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%