Fiesta Themed Wedding...thoughts?

Decorating By Junecakes Updated 27 Apr 2007 , 3:38pm by crystalina1977

Junecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Junecakes Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 2:49am
post #1 of 4

I got a call today from a lady who is planning her son's wedding reception this July. She wants a tiered cake, casual but not gaudy or too cutesie. The reception will have a mexican theme. My first thought was to try and use mexican paper flowers but I didn't know how they would hold up on a buttercream cake. Also thinking of doing just a small fondant ribbon around the bottom with s serape pattern on it? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

3 replies
lwatt19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lwatt19 Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 3:34am
post #2 of 4

Hi - I am envisioning a tiered cake, covered smoothly in like a pale tan fondant. Elegantly draped with a serape-style ribbon (kind of wide) with brilliant red fondant or gumpaste rose accents.

lwatt19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lwatt19 Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 3:42am
post #3 of 4

Maybe top with a pair of fondant maracas with their name on each?

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 3:38pm
post #4 of 4

I have seen several cakes here lately that are fiesta themed. Have you looked through the gallery at all? I'm thinking about the local mexican restaurant and it is very bright and colorful. You could do different colored tiers with fondant, red green and white maybe since that is their flag colors, use the serape (which I assume to be the striped blanket???) as a drape, or as accents to the tiers, maybe the maracas can be done to cover the tier supports? accents like jalapenos, sombreros...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%