Invoice?

Business By mariak Updated 11 May 2006 , 5:24am by KimAZ

mariak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariak Posted 10 May 2006 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 4

I have just started charging for my cakes and so far, the first few have been for family. I am doing a cake for my church and would like to give them an invoice or reciept of some kind. Do you itemize your ingredients/ number of hours of labor or do you just put a price for ingredients and labor? I am only going to be charging the church for the ingredients not my labor but I want to make that clear since I am hoping to get more orders from this cake and don't want people to think I am really, really cheap.

3 replies
marmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmar Posted 10 May 2006 , 9:23pm
post #2 of 4

I don't think I'd itemize the specific ingredients - that's like giving out your recipe (should be a trade secret!).

Could you just put a description of cake, total price and then write LABOUR- NO CHARGE at the bottom? I don't know about the labour part - maybe you could put LABOUR - 3 hrs@$15.00 per hour = NO CHARGE. That way they could see how long it took?

CrystalsCakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrystalsCakes5 Posted 11 May 2006 , 12:09am
post #3 of 4

I would also like to know about invoicing.
Does anyone know where to print a good invoice that is more designed for cake decorators.
Or does anyone on here have an invoice that they use and would be so kind to upload here.
Thank you.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 11 May 2006 , 5:24am
post #4 of 4

Try this.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010184681033.aspx

They have several invoice templates that you can change to work for whatever you need.

KimAZ

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%