Seriously Crushing On This Guy (Embarrassing)

Lounge By TheKookieWench Updated 16 Mar 2008 , 11:39am by Iheartcake

JavaJunkieChrissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JavaJunkieChrissy Posted 15 May 2007 , 4:04pm
post #61 of 235

O.K. we can't do a live show but we could do.....pictures! I'm sinking to an all time low......I'm DH would tell me that I'm being a busy body icon_redface.gif

What he doesn't know won't hurt him!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 15 May 2007 , 5:00pm
post #62 of 235

Yes, I too have no life as I have been reading this post for days now and am wondering if Kookie got her man. I'm dying for an update on this.

Please Kookie, let us know what's going on. Even Y & R don't take this long icon_lol.gif

gailsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gailsgoodies Posted 15 May 2007 , 5:16pm
post #63 of 235

This is soooooo pathetic! icon_redface.gif I've been following this thread and can't WAIT to find out what happened! I decided I'm going to name this soap opera....."As The Stomach Churns"........ icon_lol.gif

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 15 May 2007 , 5:18pm
post #64 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailsgoodies

This is soooooo pathetic! icon_redface.gif I've been following this thread and can't WAIT to find out what happened! I decided I'm going to name this soap opera....."As The Stomach Churns"........ icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I agree with the title icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 15 May 2007 , 7:54pm
post #65 of 235

oh man! I have to be at work in just in less than an hour and still make dinner for the family and help the kids with their homework....and I signed in here to just check this thread!!!! Come on girl---I know your livin' it up right now in Vegas, but at least write an update icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif

cakemomne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemomne Posted 15 May 2007 , 9:51pm
post #66 of 235

Who else is in is near MO?? We could all carpool over and see what is going on icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

heidisuesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidisuesmom Posted 15 May 2007 , 10:13pm
post #67 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakemomne

Who else is in is near MO?? We could all carpool over and see what is going on icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

That's what I was thinking!!! I'm in St Louis...

sami7333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sami7333 Posted 16 May 2007 , 12:33am
post #68 of 235

THIS SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 16 May 2007 , 1:02am
post #69 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by sami7333

THIS SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!!

Me too!! its 9PM!! where is she icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 16 May 2007 , 1:27am
post #70 of 235

She's gotta be filming the next "how was Vegas?" commercial.

Kookie, I'm sure there's internet access on the set. icon_cool.gif

mkolmar Posted 16 May 2007 , 1:40am
post #71 of 235

oh poop, just got home from work and was hoping she posted!

Monica0271 Posted 16 May 2007 , 1:42am
post #72 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolmar

oh poop, just got home from work and was hoping she posted!

No luck icon_cry.gif I am waiting too icon_cry.gif

JavaJunkieChrissy Posted 16 May 2007 , 2:11am
post #73 of 235

UUUMMM?? Maybe they are on their honeymoon???

Yes, I'm back and lookin' for an undate.........No, I don't have a life...I'm a housewife!!! icon_cry.gifthumbs_up.gif

mkolmar Posted 16 May 2007 , 2:57am
post #74 of 235

saw the notice in my email. Came back to check---yep, I don't have a life either--(I should be studying though icon_rolleyes.gif )

maryak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
maryak Posted 16 May 2007 , 3:37am
post #75 of 235

I just found this thread today (while on an Excel training course!! icon_redface.gif ). Oh wel, you all know my priorities now. icon_wink.gif

CreativeCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CreativeCakery Posted 16 May 2007 , 4:19am
post #76 of 235

Count me in as one of the "inquiring minds" who wants to know!! Kookie! What happened?!

TheKookieWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheKookieWench Posted 16 May 2007 , 5:46am
post #77 of 235

Nothing happenned. I chickened out icon_sad.gif . I know, I know, it was bad of me but I just couldn't go through with it. I just have visions of him and the other bus drivers having a good laugh at my expense and it freaked me out. Typical KookieWench behavior.....it sounds good on paper (or bouncing around in my head) until the time comes to actually follow through with it.

So I'm now sitting here having a debate with myself on what to do. Sure, I can keep crushing on him from a distance but at the same time, the Aries in me wants to just blurt out that to him that I'm crushing on him and we should go out and get to know each other icon_confused.gif It's amazing how I can be bold and brazen in any other situation but when it comes to me and the opposite sex, I choke up. So sad. icon_sad.gif

TheKookieWench Posted 16 May 2007 , 5:51am
post #78 of 235

OMG, 6 pages of my mini soap opera. I'm either that interesting or you guys really need to get out more, lol. Now I feel even worse for chickening out, ugh.....

icon_cry.gif

LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 16 May 2007 , 11:03am
post #79 of 235

I say to let your inner-Aries win. No need to be coy, no need to be shy, no need to bake squat. Say what you have to say, hand the man your phone number and call it a day. Put yourself out there. You can't win unless you put yourself in the game. If he's what you think he is, he's not going to be rude about your gesture. If he is rude, you don't want him anyway. I know it's difficult to put yourself on the line, just take a deep breath, say what you want to say, hand him your number and wave as you walk off the bus. Keep your chin up and show confidence, even if you're gooshing on the inside. This will work. You have an entire board full of people reading your Harlequin romance and we're ready for the fun chapters lol.

Monica0271 Posted 16 May 2007 , 11:51am
post #80 of 235

Oh sweety do not feel bad for chickening out. There will be the right time that you will feel most comfortable to do it.

Please do not feel bad. icon_wink.gif

(((hugs)))

JavaJunkieChrissy Posted 16 May 2007 , 1:09pm
post #81 of 235

<<<<HUGS>>>>> to you Kookie....don't feel embarrassed!

I have a story to tell you. I have always been shy when it came to guys. I was always picked on and made fun of because in the school I went to everyone was a cookie cutter blonde...gorgeous...funny cheerleader types that the guys just gushed over. I was more of a tom boy.....late bloomer...quiet with good grades and never said BOO to anyone!

I met my DH when I was all of 13! I could not believe how gorgeous he was and I had a hard time speaking in his presence. He was two years ahead of me in school and I was best friends with his neighbor icon_lol.gif I would visit her secretly wanting him to come over and visit me!

Anyway, he went joined the Marines and went to Parris Island. I thought that I would write him....and he wrote back. We started our relationship that way...just writing things on paper..small talk type of things.

When he came home from bootcamp he had no time for me...blew me off. I cried ...picked myself up and dusted myself off. Figured it was not ment to be and I would get myself out there and find someone to spend some time with!

No and behold I got a letter in the mail from him from NC and he said he was sorry for not coming to visit with me and would I please continue to write him. I was going to throw that letter away and never respond. It took me a while but I wrote him...it was not my usual cheerful letter. Just something cordial...and I kept all my letter that way.

Finally he came home on leave.....said he was coming over to see me and HE DIDN"T! At this point I had enough. I don't even know where I got the courage from but I called him. I just picked the phone up called him....he answered and I said to him......"just be quiet, I have something I need to tell you and you need to be honest with me. I told him that I really wanted to explore a relationship with him and I would like to go out with him etc...etc.....!!! He was speachless at first and then he said it a very happy voice....I'll be right over!!!

He came over we went out that night and in October we will be married for 18 years. We have five boys and I still love him dearly.

I'm glad I made the first move....ready for why he didn't??? He told me that I scared him....he was afraid that I would turn him down!!! icon_surprised.gif

Thought I would just share this with you. I am in no way dissapointed that you didn't make the first move....it's o.k. But, I also wanted to share that sometimes when we make the first move...wonderful things can come of it.

icon_wink.gif

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 16 May 2007 , 1:10pm
post #82 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKookieWench

OMG, 6 pages of my mini soap opera. I'm either that interesting or you guys really need to get out more, lol. Now I feel even worse for chickening out, ugh.....

icon_cry.gif

Asking someone out is sooooooo hard, but what do you have to lose? I remember when I was meeting my now DH, I somehow I got brave where I never was before. We met online (before WWW ) talking about aetheism. What started as philosophical talk, soon turned to a pretty important friendship and when that developed Sven told me he should inform me that he had a girlfriend.

I remember having this in my head - I NEVER went after guys with girlfriends because they were "taken" but I also knew that we just "clicked". When we "met" online I was starting to date someone else too, but realized I liked this "no face" better, so stopped....

So, I did the unthinkable, I kept talking with Sven. He came to visit me (drove 7 hours) and while we ONLY talked during the weekend (really), when he got back he broke up with his girlfriend and a week later we started dating - 9 months later we were married which is now 13.5 years.

NOW I know that the dating relationship he was in was one of mutual convenience (they agreed to date, but at any time the other could date someone else - it was just for fun) AND it was coming to its end... but I didn't know that then. I just knew, my gut was telling me, that he was worth pursuing and I had NEVER, EVER pursued a guy before - EVER...

All this to say, the worst he can say is no, and believe me, even if he does say no, he'll be flattered. And SO WHAT if the other bus drivers tease him about it? Do you know any of them on a personal level? are they a part of your life? Seems to me you have a lot more to lose by NOT asking, than asking! Plus, it seems he's interested too and just too shy to ask!

melissa

mkolmar Posted 16 May 2007 , 1:30pm
post #83 of 235

I had to laugh when I read Javajunkies's post. My DH and I met in high school art class. I thought he was cute, but I was dating someone. He would constantly stare at me and it drove me nuts because he seldomly talked to me but to the 2 friends we had in between. He was also dating someone. Time went on and his friends would make comments (that I would act like I didn't hear) saying why don't you just marry her already. Drop the tapedshut.gif you are with and get with the one you want to be with.
I broke up with my boyfriend and he kept his girlfriend. He did come to every game I cheerleaded for though and would be in the front row as close as he could get to me.

Finally, one day I got up the nerve and cornered him ---literally, I cornered him. He was in the corner of the room trapped! I said "Look, are you going to ask me out or what because I notice how much you are staring at me."

He tried getting away and I wouldn't let him. "Are you going to answer me?" --- We went out that night to the movies as friends icon_confused.gif 2 weeks later he asked me out and we've been together ever since. To this day he says if I wouldn't have cornered him we wouldn't be together because he was scared I would turn him down and it was easier to love me from a distance than to actually run the risk of being turned down.

Give it time, when you get up the nerve you won't regret it no matter what the answer because then you'll know where you stand. I still think the cupcakes sound like a great idea and girl, anyone who practically falls out of his seat waving to you is SERIOUSLY crushing you too. icon_razz.gif Just my thinking. We are here for ya!

Ironbaker Posted 16 May 2007 , 1:54pm
post #84 of 235

Oh Kookie, don't you feel bad at all! We are here to support you and be a cheering section, no matter what it is you do. I know how tough and nerve wracking it can be to put yourself out there but I am also pulling for your "aries" side to take over. It doesn't have to be a grand gesture. I could be one cupcake...or just your card. But working up that nerve is what's hardest. Just don't let that little sneaky voice take over and make you think you are not the confident, wonderful woman that you are.

I agree with MKolmar, once you get over that hurdle, you'll be proud of yourself no matter what his response is. thumbs_up.gif

JavaJunkieChrissy Posted 16 May 2007 , 2:17pm
post #85 of 235

IronBaker.....I love your avatar! Evertime I see it I just have to SMILE!! icon_lol.gif

TheKookieWench Posted 16 May 2007 , 2:29pm
post #86 of 235

Thanks again everyone icon_smile.gif . He was driving yesterday when I went to work and those pretty blue eyes of his when I first get on...good grief, who am I kidding, I get the butterfly feeling before he even pulls up! I just hate how I get when I'm around a guy I like. Shy and scared. Like being 16 all over again. Oh well, I'll get it together. The suspense is killing me too and I'm the one living it! icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif

Stay tuned for more drama on "As The Stomache Churns" (love the name, gail!)

Ironbaker Posted 16 May 2007 , 2:56pm
post #87 of 235

Thanks Chrissy! He was a month in the picture and is almost 3 mos now but I can't bring myself to update it yet...it just makes me smile. (it's my nephew)

Monica0271 Posted 16 May 2007 , 3:01pm
post #88 of 235

Kookie, this whole forum has just made me smile icon_smile.gif I too feel like I am 16 again icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

When you are ready you will say.do something. Until then do NOT beat yourself up. I know it does take lots of courage to say something. Esp when you get that "feeling" when they are around icon_lol.gif

icon_wink.gif Just enjoy how he makes you feel inside for now icon_wink.gif

JavaJunkieChrissy Posted 16 May 2007 , 3:02pm
post #89 of 235

IronBaker...he's just beautiful!!

Kookie......sweetheart.....you got it bad girl!!!! icon_lol.gif

Just remember....if you like him someone else will too......and you want to get to the prize first!!!! Let's go girl!! icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

had to edit for spelling...I'm bad about typing too quickly..

heidisuesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidisuesmom Posted 17 May 2007 , 1:56pm
post #90 of 235

Kookie, so good to hear back from you !!! Don't you dare be embarassed for not doing anything yet. We are your friends and here for you no matter what. When you are ready, you'll persue this. Just remember that a simple "Call me sometime" is a very innocent gesture. If he likes you, he can take that anyway he wants, even as a simple "Let's be buddies..." If you start there it may be easier to build on something. Good Luck Sweetie! I'll hold your hand through this...but I'm not driving to Cape to do it!!!!LOL Just remind yourself of all your friends here rooting for you, and when the time is right you'll know!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%