Seriously Crushing On This Guy (Embarrassing)

Lounge By TheKookieWench Updated 16 Mar 2008 , 11:39am by Iheartcake

TheKookieWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheKookieWench Posted 13 May 2007 , 3:07am
post #31 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidisuesmom

Okay, being as I am married to a bus driver that makes me an expert, right?!!!! Seriously, my hubby was driving for Greyhound when I met him. I worked in the local restaraunt/motel/bus stop in a small town in the middle of Kansas. His bus overheated and he (and all the passengers) had to spend a long afternoon there. I liked him immidiatly, so before they left I grabbed one of our business cards, wrote "Call me here!" on it and signed my name. He called three days later, we got married four months later, and have been happily married ever since!!!This happened in June 1991! My advise... Your business card tucked in with some yummy treats. Don't forget to write "Call me!" on the card and sign your name. He sounds interested!!!

Oh yeah, I also wanted to add that heidisuesmom is currently my inspiration! Lovely, honey!

heidisuesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidisuesmom Posted 13 May 2007 , 3:21am
post #32 of 235

Why thank you Kookie! Come June, it will be 16 years and I still love him like crazy!! We've got 3 kids together, a 15 yr old, a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old...all boys!
By the way guys... I can't count! We got married in December, so that's 6 months not 4. Hope that doesn't blow my credibility with you all!!!
Keep us posted!!

itsajeepthing0196 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsajeepthing0196 Posted 13 May 2007 , 6:33am
post #33 of 235

OMG this is so exciting! I cant wait to see what happens next! icon_lol.gif

Jenna217 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenna217 Posted 13 May 2007 , 2:19pm
post #34 of 235

I just got done reading this and it's so exciting! Good luck, Kookie!! icon_biggrin.gif I can't wait to hear what happens!!! thumbs_up.gif

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 13 May 2007 , 4:04pm
post #35 of 235

icon_surprised.gif Yea for you!! I am so excited for you. I feel like I am going thru this with you. I am glad that you are going thru with it.

Good luck. Dont be nervous, just be yourself icon_wink.gif

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 13 May 2007 , 4:51pm
post #36 of 235

I won my man by baking him meat pies and he still goes on about them now -my fingers are crossed for you and I'm eagerly awaiting your reply! Your friend is right - men don't notice a crush until it's written in big letters for them. He may not even realise your cupcake bouquet is anything other than a nice gift... Are you going to put a little message on the card - like 'let me know if you like them' 'I'll accept a date as a thank-you' 'call me' etc.? You could just put - cookiewench x on the card - men usualy notice if you sign off with a kiss.

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 13 May 2007 , 10:46pm
post #37 of 235

I don't have a life either- I've been waiting to here what happend.

Good luck girl! You can do it! He'll love the cupcakes!

Jenna217 Posted 15 May 2007 , 2:01am
post #38 of 235

What happened today!?!?! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 15 May 2007 , 2:11am
post #39 of 235

*eating my popcorn*

icon_biggrin.gif

Jenna217 Posted 15 May 2007 , 2:12am
post #40 of 235

*pulls up a chair beside Ironbaker and brings sodas* icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Ironbaker Posted 15 May 2007 , 2:23am
post #41 of 235

*and cakeballs!*

Now we'll see if she updates before we get stomachaches. icon_lol.gif

Jenna217 Posted 15 May 2007 , 3:24am
post #42 of 235

Maybe she's out on a hot date with him!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

LanaC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LanaC Posted 15 May 2007 , 3:38am
post #43 of 235
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe she's out on a hot date with him!!!

Then perhaps we need more than soda, popcorn and cake balls for the recap icon_eek.gif

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 15 May 2007 , 11:15am
post #44 of 235

Can I join in with you if I bring some candies? I've been "sneaking" in this thread for awhile and I also wonders what happens. I wish you all the happiness Kookie!

Monica0271 Posted 15 May 2007 , 11:47am
post #45 of 235

*pulls up & chair & snaches some popcorn* icon_lol.gif

I can not wait to hear. thumbs_up.gif

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 15 May 2007 , 12:31pm
post #46 of 235

So??? What happened??? icon_smile.gif

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 15 May 2007 , 12:45pm
post #47 of 235

Now I'm dying to know too! He sooo wants to ask you out if he's doing the "falling out of the chair" wave!!

JavaJunkieChrissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JavaJunkieChrissy Posted 15 May 2007 , 1:17pm
post #48 of 235

Did I miss anything icon_eek.gif

No, I still have not gotten a life of my own..... icon_lol.gif

I'm waiting to see what going on....I guess all of us are...LOL!!!

I agree with another poster...the hanging out the window wave is a dead give away....he's flirting with you...now bake a cake as fast as you can!!

Your killing us icon_surprised.gif

heidisuesmom Posted 15 May 2007 , 1:26pm
post #49 of 235

Patiently waiting.....(sigh)........(yawn)......Okay, Not so patient!!!Details please Kookie?!!!!!But no pressure ...I promise we won't change channels!!LOL

Monica0271 Posted 15 May 2007 , 1:29pm
post #50 of 235

I am so impatient I just sent her a PM.

I feel like a high school girl again icon_lol.gif I feel all giddie. icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

edited for spelling

Jenna217 Posted 15 May 2007 , 1:40pm
post #51 of 235

Sorry I fell asleep in the popcorn last night, but I just couldn't keep my eyelids open last night. I woke up this morning to see if Kookie snuck in the door late last night, but it doesn't look like it.

What IF...she went out on a hot date with him and HASN'T come home yet to check this post?!? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

If that happened, I've gotta get her recipe for those cupcakes she made him!! icon_lol.gif

Monica0271 Posted 15 May 2007 , 1:44pm
post #52 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna217

What IF...she went out on a hot date with him and HASN'T come home yet to check this post?!? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gifI

then I do not blame her for not updating us then, shes excused.

Dang this thread is a hoot. icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

Ironbaker Posted 15 May 2007 , 2:02pm
post #53 of 235

icon_lol.gif She will surely be forgiven.

Kookie, we all went to bed with muffintops. icon_razz.gif

OK, maybe she gave him the cupcakes, he ate one, loved it, and saw her card/number. So he called her right away and asked if she'd like to go for some coffee when he was off of work. Of course she said yes and hurried home and changed into something delicious. She met him at a local coffeeshop and he's looking just as nice in the jeans she loves that show off his butt. They sit, talk, have a drink and he brought one of her cupcakes for them to share. A wonderful time was had by all but it's getting late and they both have to work in the morning. She floated all the way home, too giddy to remember there were some looney tunes on CakeCentral waiting for her to give an update.

She's at work now and we'll be waiting allllll day. icon_smile.gif

Monica0271 Posted 15 May 2007 , 2:06pm
post #54 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

icon_lol.gif She will surely be forgiven.

Kookie, we all went to bed with muffintops. icon_razz.gif

OK, maybe she gave him the cupcakes, he ate one, loved it, and saw her card/number. So he called her right away and asked if she'd like to go for some coffee when he was off of work. Of course she said yes and hurried home and changed into something delicious. She met him at a local coffeeshop and he's looking just as nice in the jeans she loves that show off his butt. They sit, talk, have a drink and he brought one of her cupcakes for them to share. A wonderful time was had by all but it's getting late and they both have to work in the morning. She floated all the way home, too giddy to remember there were some looney tunes on CakeCentral waiting for her to give an update.

She's at work now and we'll be waiting allllll day. icon_smile.gif

Ironbaker you crack me up!! icon_lol.gif Its a good thought you had icon_rolleyes.gif

I do not want to wait all day icon_cry.gif

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 15 May 2007 , 2:10pm
post #55 of 235

icon_redface.gif I have been following this thread too icon_redface.gif

My guess is she is busy fixing breakfast icon_wink.gificon_surprised.gificon_wink.gif

Jenna217 Posted 15 May 2007 , 2:13pm
post #56 of 235

Maybe when she handed him the cupcakes, he was so thrilled and giddy that he drove the bus into a pole while he was daydreaming of Kookie and her cupcakes. Becuase the bus had to be towed (no one was hurt - was just a ding) and repaired, he got the rest of the day off. He managed to save the cupcakes as they were his most treasured item. He wandered around wondering what to do. He found himself standing in front of the building where Kookie works. Slowly he entered inside and caught her eyes staring back at him. He whisked her away from work and they had a whirlwind romance talking about everything under the sun. Realizing that they are soul mates, they caught a midnight flight to Vegas and get hitched in a little Elvis chapel. Right now she's having her honeymoon in the Bellagio hotel which has internet access so she could very well update us all - but well, she's a little preoccupied being a newly married woman.

Oh man...I have no life... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Ironbaker Posted 15 May 2007 , 2:18pm
post #57 of 235

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Kookie, let us know which hotel you're at in Vegas so we can come do your wedding cake.

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 15 May 2007 , 3:01pm
post #58 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Kookie, let us know which hotel you're at in Vegas so we can come do your wedding cake.

I literally just fell off off my work chair laughing...the funniest part...my 3 yr old just asked me "mom, whats your problem?"...So now I am even laughing harder!!!

You know...What happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas....and she lives A LONG WAY from Vegas...

DONT THEY HAVE THE INTERNET IN VEGAS??? wHY IS SHE NOT SIGNING IN????? LOL...

Ok, I have no life either...ugh...

JavaJunkieChrissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JavaJunkieChrissy Posted 15 May 2007 , 3:24pm
post #59 of 235

Some of you ladies need to write novels!!! icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_wink.gif

I need to get out of here and make some more flowers....hope there will be a very juicy update when I come back tonight...

And yes, I do feel like I'm back in highschool....giggle, giggle.... icon_biggrin.gif

Lovin" IT!!!

heidisuesmom Posted 15 May 2007 , 3:59pm
post #60 of 235

Okay, I soooo want to take a drive to Cape Girardeau and maybe...hmmm... ride the bus while I'm down there!!!!LOL
I would love to see this show live!!

Seriously... Kookie, let us know how things are going. I know we are having a blast with this, but we also know how nervous you must be. You know we are here for you...even if it doesn't go the way we all think it will. But...it will!!!!! (Keeping fingers crossed!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%