Seriously Crushing On This Guy (Embarrassing)

Lounge By TheKookieWench Updated 16 Mar 2008 , 11:39am by Iheartcake

nelja5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nelja5 Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 4:24am
post #181 of 235

You go kookie I am so proud of you!!!
Guess what, he is gone, but I know for sure that you were on his mind after what you said!!!!!

Keep us posted!

heidisuesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidisuesmom Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 1:21pm
post #182 of 235

Good for you !!!!!! At least it is out there in the open now. Hopefully he'll make the next move, because you know he is definitely thinking about you after that! I am so proud of you! Doesn't it feel good to have it out there? That's how I felt with my DH. I put it out there that I was interested, it was up to him to act on it. We just celebrated being together 16 years in June!!!! Some times you just have to whack them upside the head with it before they get it! You definitely whacked him!!

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:30pm
post #183 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidisuesmom

Good for you !!!!!! At least it is out there in the open now. Hopefully he'll make the next move, because you know he is definitely thinking about you after that! I am so proud of you! Doesn't it feel good to have it out there? That's how I felt with my DH. I put it out there that I was interested, it was up to him to act on it. We just celebrated being together 16 years in June!!!! Some times you just have to whack them upside the head with it before they get it! You definitely whacked him!!

Thats what I did with my husband. I called his house and left a message with his roommate that I called, but I did not leave my number. I figured he knew someone that I knew and if he was serious he'd call her to get my number. Well, 22 years later....we are still togehter. Being the bold one does work.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 2:43pm
post #184 of 235

OMG I have just spent the last thirty minutes reading this thread....my kids think I am AWOL. Please please please keep us updated when he comes back and if he doesn't ask you, PLEASE ASK HIM OUT FOR DINNER! You know, just to celebrate his being back, or something equally smooth.... Or we will all whither up and die, I think!

Shelle thumbs_up.gif

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 19 Jul 2007 , 6:00pm
post #185 of 235

Alright girl!!

We've been following this thread since April 25.... icon_eek.gifApril 25!

It's almost been 2 months, so September will be here before you know it! Really, it won't be that long! icon_surprised.gif

Soooo, you had better be making plans for a move when he returns! Not rushing you or anything, just know how long it takes you to make a move! icon_lol.gif

Sherri

TheKookieWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheKookieWench Posted 20 Jul 2007 , 2:35pm
post #186 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessyBaker

Alright girl!!

We've been following this thread since April 25.... icon_eek.gifApril 25!

It's almost been 2 months, so September will be here before you know it! Really, it won't be that long! icon_surprised.gif

Soooo, you had better be making plans for a move when he returns! Not rushing you or anything, just know how long it takes you to make a move! icon_lol.gif

Sherri

HA!! icon_lol.gif Yeah I know and trust me it probably would have dragged out even longer. I'm so used to liking men from afar that I guess I just got accustomed to it. It's hard to explain. Low self-esteem can do that to a person. It's nice to know though that even if this doesn't go somewhere (keeping fingers crossed that it does) at least I had the guts to say something.

AuntieElle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AuntieElle Posted 21 Jul 2007 , 6:48am
post #187 of 235

Kookie! this has been the greatest! Like a movie without watchin' it. reminds me of the story of how I finally nabbed my husband! We worked in a ER together for 4 years and I admired him from afar. He was married and I am not that kind of girl but I would always drive up the hill to work and pray that I would see his car. Terrible I know this was someone else's husband! But I was just looking! Well, I made the mistake of going on a long vacation and he was gone! Like you said. . . I lost my eye candy! He had taken a job with an air medical transport company and POOF! About 18 months later I was moping around the ER being my regular miserable self at the time. The ambluance doors slid open and who was it? IT WAS HIM SANS THE WEDDING RING! Yes, he had divorced in that 18 months and was coming back to work one day a week for extra money. That means I only had one day a week to get my "hooks" in! HAHAHAHA. . .So I didn't sit on it long. I made some comments kind of like you did and he made very generic responses to all of them. I finally asked hm to walk me to my car one night and I asked him if he would like to go out to dinner with me. He obviously said yes! I wonder what would have ever happened if I hadn't had the ball$ to ask myself. It was worth the nerves and that knotted feeling in my stomach as I was about to utter those words but they made him mine! Put it out there!

Elle "The Maneater" <~~~~~it's only a joke ahahahahaha

TheKookieWench Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 7:42am
post #188 of 235

Hey all. Just wanted to let you know that I'm still in the land of the living and give you some updates. As you all know, Steve left for Alburqurque July, 31. I was hoping I would get to see him before he left but this was not the case. I do have a confession that I need to make.....

I have been toying with the idea of going back to school to study Pastry Arts and decided to go on ahead and grab as much info as I could on different Culinary Art schools. I received some info from a few, such as the Texas Culinary Academy and Louisiana Culinary Institute. But it was the Art Institute out of Atlanta that called back and made a huge impression with me. And evidently I made a great impression during my phone interview with the representative because guess who's starting school November 8? icon_eek.gif I'm going for a degree in Culinary Arts with an emphasis in Pastry. I'm looking at about 2 years to receive my degree. I will post more about this in another thread (just as soon as I figure out where it's supposed to go!)......

Well, the last time I talked to Debbie, I forgot that I told her that I was going to start school in Atlanta in late fall. I haven't been riding the bus that much; I ride in with a co-worker of mine. I finally rode last Thursday because I had some things I needed to take care of and while Debbie and I talked, she mentioned that Steve usually calls her everyday to see how things are going. He has also asked about me and was wondering how I was doing and she mentioned that I was going to be starting school soon but she couldn't remember when. I'm like, "He asked about me???" So I told her that I would be leaving around the end of October since my classes start Nov 8. She said, "Good, at least he'll be happy to know that you'll still be in town for a bit when he gets back." I still can't believe he has actually been asking about me while in NM. Strange huh? Guess my admitting that I had a crush on him did have an effect. Even stranger is how at first he was moving but is returning next month and instead I'm the one that's bouncing out of town. And don't get me wrong, I'm ecstatic about starting school and looking forward to seeing where the world of Pastry Arts can take me but I can't deny that there is a tiny part of me that would almost rather stay here so I can be near him. Oh well......

missnnaction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missnnaction Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 1:35pm
post #189 of 235

Congats about school.. and Steve...The art Institute in atlanta has a great program and facility... You'll really enjoy it.

As for Steve.. he's asking about you and he's away.. You won't be too far apart and as they say, distance makes the heart grow founder.....

TheKookieWench Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 3:24pm
post #190 of 235

My co-worker (who's also a hopeless romantic) is really hoping that we get together. Even my mother (who could careless about this type of stuff) is pleasantly surprised that he's been asking about me. Of course, she tossed in her 2 cents about how I'm not going to have time to juggle school, working, and a long distance relationship. And in a way she's right. LoL, just trying to learn my around the city of Atlanta is going to be an adventure in itself! I'm glad Debbie told me that Steve has been asking about me (it shows that he cares) but nevertheless, I want to hear it from his lips into my ears. So I'm going to get his digits so I can talk to him myself.

missnnaction Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 3:30pm
post #191 of 235

OOOOOooh, LOL... get em, call him.. I think he'll be happy and excited to hear from you. Never know what the conversation may bring.

I'm very excited for you. I think that you can pull it all off. School goes smoothy when it's something that you care/love and have interest in. And Steve.. hmm, tell us how the conversation goes..

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 3:46pm
post #192 of 235

How cool is that about going to pasty school! icon_biggrin.gif Hey, Steve obviously likes you, so he can hang out for a while so you all can have a long distance relationship---hey you never know he may just follow you to Atlanta! icon_wink.gif keep us posted!

nelja5 Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 4:27pm
post #193 of 235

Congrats in getting to culinary school! That is greta news!

Stveasking about you? whoooohoooooooo! I am glad, at least you will se him before you go

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 12:24am
post #194 of 235

Well....did you call him?????

TheKookieWench Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 3:52pm
post #195 of 235
Quote:
Quote:

Didn't have to. Guess who's back in town? icon_wink.gif

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 3:55pm
post #196 of 235

Don't leave us hanging like that!!! Have you seen him???

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 6:57pm
post #197 of 235

c'mon tell us more.....

mxdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxdiva Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 7:08pm
post #198 of 235

OMG!!! please let us know something girl!!!! I hope the best for you!!!!

Luxe42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luxe42 Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 7:22pm
post #199 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKookieWench

Hi-dee-ho fellow cake lovers! I know it's been a minute since my last post. In between struggling trying to make it at my new job and feeling miserable over Steve leaving, I just haven't been up to even messing around on the internet, let alone posting anything. This week was exceptionally terrible because this was his last week at work and he was going to spend the next two weeks packing then leave. This actually moved me to tears icon_redface.gif Then a certain something happenned while I was on my way to work...........

When Debbie (she took over his bus route) pulled up to the stop across the street from the bus office, who should happen to be standing there....yup, Steve. He's been working in Dispatch lately and decided that he wanted to ride with the "commoners" today icon_razz.gif . There were two other passengers, an elderly couple that were riding and he gave the wife a hug and shook the man's hand then went to sit down. I looked over and asked him, "What you can't shake my hand or give me a hug?" Ya know, thinking that he was more than likely gonna shake my hand. I wanted to die when he actually stood up and gave me the biggest, tightest hug. Oh my God, he smelled so good, I didn't want to let go....EVER. I mean, seriously, I'm not washing my shirt for a few days. So the elderly guy and his wife were telling him that he was going to be missed and that's when he dropped the bombshell. Yes, he's leaving on the 29th to go back to Alburqurque but he'll be back on September 15th because the city made him a job that he couldn't refuse. Guess I'm not the only one who thinks he's all sorts of wonderful because they offered him the job of being over the whole bus and transportation system and he decided to take the position!!!! icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gificon_surprised.gif I think the look on my face said it all. I had been planning on making him a going away present but I just haven't had the time and it made me sad thinking about him leaving. I was so freaking happy that I blurted out that I wasn't going to lose my eye candy after all and then when he looked over at me and smiled, I said, "No, you don't understand, I've been crushing on you for the last 6 months!" Then kept repeating how I wasn't losing my eye candy. I can't believe I said it and I can't believe I did it in front of people! icon_surprised.gif He didn't say anything but I don't think I needed him to because he just kept smiling at me and winked. I got off the bus and was happy, yet thoroughly embarrassed. Because that was really supposed to be a private moment. I mean, it wasn't my intention to blurt this out in front of people but when he said he was coming back to stay, I lost my head.

I prayed to God Sunday night and asked him to look over Steve and I wished for nothing but happiness for him in whatever he did. I kicked myself for constantly being a chicken. I really meant what I said in my prayer for Steve icon_smile.gif . I don't know if it was Divine Intervention or what but nevertheless, I thanked God anyway. But yeah, Steve officially knows.....my words and actions said it all. Whether or not anything will happen, I don't know but I feel a little better. A whole lot better icon_smile.gif

I just found this thread and I love it! Girl, this man, has a crush on YOU too! Who wants to ride the bus randomly when he's not the driver anymore icon_confused.gif All the hints about not having a girlfriend and the stuffed animals are his only friends. COME ON!! He Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes you! This story totally reminded me of a personal story. High school - I was in LOVE with this guy I worked with (*he also winked on occasion - made me melt) I found out he was quitting and leaving town. SO I got scared and wrote him a note saying how I wanted to spend some time with him before he left. Turns out he wasn't leaving town, just going to work with his uncle for the summer as a moving man (*total hottie - whoo) So he was very happy to spend some time with me. All summer in fact. Gave me the best kiss of my life (to date - shhhh don't tell my hubby icon_surprised.gif - I can still picture it and what he was wearing) I gave him this stuffed animal fox that he put in his jeep - cuz he was my fox icon_smile.gif We split up before school started that fall. Life circumstances beyond our control - so sad- I hated it. I ran into him in a bar a few years ago (before I was married but he was) and he said " I still have the fox" If it was possible to melt from another human being talking... then I would have icon_razz.gif

Go for this! He def likes you I know it!!!

Update this story!!! I'm dying with the others!!!

Luxe42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luxe42 Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 7:23pm
post #200 of 235

double post - grrrr computers!

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 8:12pm
post #201 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKookieWench

Quote:
Quote:

Didn't have to. Guess who's back in town? icon_wink.gif

That's all we get?!?!?! One line!?!?!? come on , we are dying here. We are all living our love life through you right now! Give us more detail.

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 8:54pm
post #202 of 235

So........did he call you first instead??? Come on! We need details!!! icon_smile.gif

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 9:42pm
post #203 of 235

gah! i never shoulda started reading this. it's been like a roller coaster. nothing, nothing, he's leaving, he's coming back, he asked about me, i'm leaving, he's back in town... and then WHAM that's the end.

now i'm gonna have to check this thread all the time too.

missnnaction Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 9:54pm
post #204 of 235

I've been waiting patiently since this mornings post.. I can hardly take it... I had to lol when I read it... So, instead of inquiring about the details, I'll assume that you were in a rush to go to lunch or just to hang with Steve and that was your way of giving us a little hint.... icon_smile.gif

nelja5 Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 12:04am
post #205 of 235

Kookie where are you????

I hope you are talking to him right now! Ohh my GOD! This is getting good!

Keep us posted!

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 3:34am
post #206 of 235

Sooooo???? I'm WAITING!!!! What's the deal???

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 6:26am
post #207 of 235

man , all you had to do was write your number on a tennis ball and hand it to him. "it's in your court now."

mommachris

TheKookieWench Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 8:25am
post #208 of 235

Okay, sorry to leave you all hanging but I was in a rush earlier (had to get to work). I have absolutely no reason why he's back in town so soon. I would have gotten my answer today but I ended up missing the bus icon_mad.gif but will find out tomorrow. And I can't take it anymore either so since I have the weekend off I'm going to see if he wants to catch a movie and then chow down on some frozen custard later. Nothing fancy, just two people hanging out and chatting it up. Not to mention after 14 freakin pages, I can't believe that I'm still so shy. It'll be fun, provided he says yes, which I can't think of why he would. One would be silly to turn down Andy's Frozen Custard!

(and yes I'm still moving to Atlanta.....scared to death because it's getting closer and I still have so much to do and hoping beyond hope that I can get enough financial aid to pay for this. But I've been wanting to go back to school for awhile and when opportunity knocked, I answered)

nelja5 Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 12:08pm
post #209 of 235

Kookie

I am sorry you missed the bus! Just make sure you can see him before he goes again. Can you imagine if he just came back because someone told him something about you??? Ohh my!!

Well, I hope you guys can go and have some wonderfull icecream!!

Keep us posted!

harleyjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harleyjo Posted 23 Aug 2007 , 12:46pm
post #210 of 235

Maybe he can transfer to Atlanta. They have buses there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%