Seriously Crushing On This Guy (Embarrassing)

Lounge By TheKookieWench Updated 16 Mar 2008 , 11:39am by Iheartcake

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 2:22pm
post #151 of 235

Kookie! What's going on? You know we get antsy when too much time passes. icon_razz.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 2:29pm
post #152 of 235

Ha! That's funny, I was just coming on here to ask the same thing!

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 2:56pm
post #153 of 235

Dang it now I am curoius again icon_cry.gif

I hope she comes here & tells us they went out on a date & hes staying in town cause the are in love. icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 3:23pm
post #154 of 235

OMG this thread STILL doesnt have a happily ever after???? icon_lol.gif I havent read it all...but did she ever talk to the guy???

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 6:16pm
post #155 of 235

oh no, it's the end of June, didn't she say he was leave at the end of the month???

Ironbaker Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 9:31pm
post #156 of 235

You scared me for a minute but I looked back and it's the end of July. Whew! We still have some time to get this girl in gear. thumbs_up.gif

Twins, not yet...not how we would like her too. And he's moving soon!

CMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CMarie Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 9:52pm
post #157 of 235

GO FOR IT!!! i know im late coming in to this one, but last may i was working at a record shop and one day the HOTTEST guy ever came in, as soon as he walked int the door i was like OMG he is the hottest guy, i wanna marry him and have his children and that good stuff. well i went over and made conversation with him and it turned out that he was looking for one of my favorite artists, we didnt have the cd in stock but i told him that i would order it and it would be in next friday. all week long i talked about him and said that when he came back in i was going to ask him out. well he came back in and i went and told my co-worker that he just walked in, she was helping a customer and they both were like go for it hes a hottie! well i made conversation with him and i checked him out and when it came down to it i completly chickened out, my co-worker just happened to be checking out her customer. well he left and i had my little melt down because i chickened out, well her customer ran out the door and yelled "hey do you have a girlfriend because that girl thinks your hot" i was so embarressed, but glad she had the guts. he came back in and introduced himself and asked for my number, i didnt have a cell and was never home so i asked him to a cinco de mayo party that night. well the party was called off but we still had a good time, we had the longest first date in history, i basically moved in with him that night, we got married 2 months later and out 1 year anniversary is july 5! i know this was a long story, but the point is go for it! you never know what will happen, i am SO happy we found each other!

Ironbaker Posted 28 Jun 2007 , 11:08pm
post #158 of 235

CMarie, that sounds like it's straight out of a movie!! What a great story! thumbs_up.gif

Congrats to you two. icon_biggrin.gif

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 12:01am
post #159 of 235

Am I smelling CHICKEN!?! Girl, bust a move!!!

jess4037 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jess4037 Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 4:07pm
post #160 of 235

I won't relay the story of my husband and me, because it makes me sound like a floozy, but if you never go for it you will never know if he's the one. Besides, providing he's not crazy, what's the worst that couls happen??

CMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CMarie Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 4:13pm
post #161 of 235

i love telling people our story, it was the best day of my life! im sure that we would have eventually gone out, but we were meant for each other and we knew it was right! now i always encourage everyone to make a move! you will never know what could have been and will always wonder what if?

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 5:12pm
post #162 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess4037

I won't relay the story of my husband and me, because it makes me sound like a floozy, but if you never go for it you will never know if he's the one. Besides, providing he's not crazy, what's the worst that couls happen??

Couldn't be any more of a "floozy" icon_surprised.gificon_eek.gificon_surprised.gif than I was. I met my husband, April 1985 and I moved in with him, June 1985! We then lived together for 5 years before we got married. thumbs_up.gif

Monica0271 Posted 29 Jun 2007 , 5:43pm
post #163 of 235

Dang she still has not posted icon_rolleyes.gificon_cool.gif

I recon I will pm her again.

I am antsy icon_lol.gif

nelja5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nelja5 Posted 30 Jun 2007 , 1:39am
post #164 of 235

kookie, kookie where are you?????

KATE39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATE39 Posted 3 Jul 2007 , 12:25am
post #165 of 235

I SAY GO FOR IT!!! YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN! YOU WILL BE KICKING YOURSELF IF YOU DON'T. WHAT IS THE WORST THAT WILL HAPPEN? PROBABLY NOTHING BUT YOU WON'T KNOW UNTIL YOU TRY!!!!

harleyjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harleyjo Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 1:02pm
post #166 of 235

PLEASE, throw us a bone. We're desparate here. We need to know.

ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 6 Jul 2007 , 4:04pm
post #167 of 235

I just read the whole story and I'm DYING for a happy ending! Please, please, please post and fill us in! I feel like this is the climax to Sleepless in Seattle and I'm biting my nails, hoping they both meet up atop the Empire State building!

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 10 Jul 2007 , 9:06pm
post #168 of 235

Oh no! July is 1/3 of the way over - what's happening????

TheKookieWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheKookieWench Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 7:23am
post #169 of 235

Hi-dee-ho fellow cake lovers! I know it's been a minute since my last post. In between struggling trying to make it at my new job and feeling miserable over Steve leaving, I just haven't been up to even messing around on the internet, let alone posting anything. This week was exceptionally terrible because this was his last week at work and he was going to spend the next two weeks packing then leave. This actually moved me to tears icon_redface.gif Then a certain something happenned while I was on my way to work...........

When Debbie (she took over his bus route) pulled up to the stop across the street from the bus office, who should happen to be standing there....yup, Steve. He's been working in Dispatch lately and decided that he wanted to ride with the "commoners" today icon_razz.gif . There were two other passengers, an elderly couple that were riding and he gave the wife a hug and shook the man's hand then went to sit down. I looked over and asked him, "What you can't shake my hand or give me a hug?" Ya know, thinking that he was more than likely gonna shake my hand. I wanted to die when he actually stood up and gave me the biggest, tightest hug. Oh my God, he smelled so good, I didn't want to let go....EVER. I mean, seriously, I'm not washing my shirt for a few days. So the elderly guy and his wife were telling him that he was going to be missed and that's when he dropped the bombshell. Yes, he's leaving on the 29th to go back to Alburqurque but he'll be back on September 15th because the city made him a job that he couldn't refuse. Guess I'm not the only one who thinks he's all sorts of wonderful because they offered him the job of being over the whole bus and transportation system and he decided to take the position!!!! icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gificon_surprised.gif I think the look on my face said it all. I had been planning on making him a going away present but I just haven't had the time and it made me sad thinking about him leaving. I was so freaking happy that I blurted out that I wasn't going to lose my eye candy after all and then when he looked over at me and smiled, I said, "No, you don't understand, I've been crushing on you for the last 6 months!" Then kept repeating how I wasn't losing my eye candy. I can't believe I said it and I can't believe I did it in front of people! icon_surprised.gif He didn't say anything but I don't think I needed him to because he just kept smiling at me and winked. I got off the bus and was happy, yet thoroughly embarrassed. Because that was really supposed to be a private moment. I mean, it wasn't my intention to blurt this out in front of people but when he said he was coming back to stay, I lost my head.

I prayed to God Sunday night and asked him to look over Steve and I wished for nothing but happiness for him in whatever he did. I kicked myself for constantly being a chicken. I really meant what I said in my prayer for Steve icon_smile.gif . I don't know if it was Divine Intervention or what but nevertheless, I thanked God anyway. But yeah, Steve officially knows.....my words and actions said it all. Whether or not anything will happen, I don't know but I feel a little better. A whole lot better icon_smile.gif

SScakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SScakes Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 7:35am
post #170 of 235

Oh my word......finally something is happening.
I can't believe he didn't say something though!

Oh well, keep us informed.

TheKookieWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheKookieWench Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 7:54am
post #171 of 235

Maybe he was shocked to the point that he couldn't say anything. Or maybe he's just not that interested icon_sad.gif But he's definitely not in the dark anymore. Personally, I was going to let Hallmark or American Greetings to the talking for me. I really didn't want to let it be known to everyone else that I was moonstruck over the man but when he said he was coming back to stay, it's like I couldn't contain it anymore and it had to come out. And it did icon_redface.gif . I guess I'll get my answer soon enough cause I'm sure Debbie's gonna want to know what the hell that was all about.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 10:59am
post #172 of 235

I have been keeping up on this thread since it started and I am so happy for you! I know it probably wasn't easy to say (even when you were all exicted) but at least you don't have to continue to wonder icon_smile.gif and he is coming back so you will at least be able to find out if it is meant to be and not put anyone in a difficult position!

Yeah for you! ((((HUGSS)))) I got exicted as I read your post I am overly happy for you right now, no matter what happens!

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 1:05pm
post #173 of 235

OH YAY!!!!!! I'm sooo happy for you!! I get so excited when I see this thread has been commented on! Like so many others I've become addicted to this thread.. needing to know what happens next. Good for you for getting it out there. icon_biggrin.gif

Monica0271 Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 1:22pm
post #174 of 235

icon_surprised.gif I want you to know that I am so happy that you let him know.
When I was reading what you did/said I had tears of excitement for you. icon_wink.gif

I wish you the best of luck girl.

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 1:57pm
post #175 of 235

This is better than a soap on TV! Got tears in my eyes right now for you!

Oh I hope something comes of this - oh boy we have to wait until SEPTEMEBER????

Rikke_Denmark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rikke_Denmark Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 2:42pm
post #176 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ

I say go for it! Maybe next time you give him some goodies put a business card in it with your phone number? I used to be really shy but in my "old age" I've lost that "what will people think of me" feeling. And know what? I don't shrivel up and disappear when I do something ridiculous. So...as I like to say "Just Do It!" (Nike copied me, should have patented that!)

Good luck!

I agree.... Good luck icon_wink.gif

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 6:04pm
post #177 of 235

Reading your update just made me so happy for you! Woohoo!!! I'm so glad to hear he will be staying in town and it turned out so cute how you were able to clue him in on your crush. I have this goofy smile on my face sitting here at work I am so happy for you! This made my afternoon.... icon_smile.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 13 Jul 2007 , 11:03pm
post #178 of 235

OH MY WORD! You go girl!!!!! --you soooo know he likes you too or he would have had a horrid look on his face not a big ol' smile and then winks on top of it. hmmmm, maybe it's just not the new job offer that was keeping him around after all icon_wink.gif

harleyjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harleyjo Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 12:01am
post #179 of 235

You go girl!!!!!! I am so excited for you. I sitting here reading, making gasping noises, and my husband wants to know what I'm reading. I told him a great soap opera. Congradulations. Hope everything goes just right.

cakemomne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemomne Posted 14 Jul 2007 , 2:07am
post #180 of 235

I agree with mkolmar!! And I'm glad to not be the only one Whoo-hoo-ing for no apparent reason! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%