Mother's Day Ideas?

Lounge By LoriannaN Updated 8 May 2006 , 10:08pm by emilykakes

LoriannaN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoriannaN Posted 8 May 2006 , 5:17pm
post #1 of 11

Hey guys.. so.. I live at the beach- 2 hours away from my mom. That doesn't seem very significant, but I work on the weekends so I can't go see her for Mother's day. I want to send her flowers, but I feel like I should do more. Does anyone have any good suggestions of something I can do from a distance? I'm going to send her a real card, so i'm not doin the ecard thing. I want to do something tangible, but what?? I've always been with her for this day and now im at a loss--! help??

10 replies
NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 8 May 2006 , 5:20pm
post #2 of 11

Can you sent a cookie bouquet? Maybe flowers?

LoriannaN Posted 8 May 2006 , 5:31pm
post #3 of 11

yeah.. well I'm gonna send flowers- but i want to do something MORE than flowers.. but what?

LoriannaN Posted 8 May 2006 , 5:33pm
post #4 of 11

plus she diets, so cookies wouldn't work icon_sad.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 8 May 2006 , 5:42pm
post #5 of 11

Does your mom have any hobbies or past times?

Rodneyck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rodneyck Posted 8 May 2006 , 6:06pm
post #6 of 11

Well you could always get her a gift certificate for a day of pampering at a spa, or a beauty salon, get her a massage. If she is not use to a massage, then just purchase a foot massage. icon_smile.gif

LoriannaN Posted 8 May 2006 , 8:19pm
post #7 of 11

Ooh.. good line of thought- that specifically wouldn't work but it gave me some ideas icon_smile.gif
she's really weird about her body.. that's what makes this so difficult! I usually just buy her something shiney and that takes care of her icon_smile.gif hahah

She gardens...hm... *thinking*

Maybe a gift certificate to home depot (for plants and stuff)

I just ordered flowers to be delivered to her friday at work.. she'll love that..

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 8 May 2006 , 8:27pm
post #8 of 11

Could you maybe give her a "gift certificate" for a mom/daughter day - maybe take her to a tea or to go antiquing - or to whatever she likes to do most . My mom is all the way across country - so near or far, I think the most valuable thing is quality time with each other icon_smile.gif. good luck finding the perfect gift!!!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 8 May 2006 , 8:30pm
post #9 of 11

what kind of gardening??

there's lots of mailorder places that have the neetest gadgets, not to mention plants, as well. just google on garden supplies or garden plants

does she like movies? (tkts? dvds?) plays (tkts?) etc.

what about something uniquely you and the beach? will she be visiting you sometime soon...what's there to do there to treat her? gift certif for that. pay cost of travel? (even if she drives, paying for the gas these days is a gift of itself!!!)

one time I gave my parents the gift of a formal protrait photo session. They LOVED it and it became the photo we all remember them by.

LoriannaN Posted 8 May 2006 , 9:33pm
post #10 of 11

Thanks guys!! Those are really great ideas icon_smile.gif Thank you so much icon_smile.gif I like the movie idea-- I'll have to talk to my dad and see what they are intersted in these days icon_smile.gif The flowers were $42 so I dont have much to play with heheh icon_smile.gif

THanks again!

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 8 May 2006 , 10:08pm
post #11 of 11

Maybe instead of flowers you could get her something that would last longer like a small tree or bush? Maybe a pretty pink dogwood?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%