Has Anyone Tried A Buttercream Recipe With Coffee Creamer?

Baking By birdgirl Updated 26 Apr 2007 , 4:51am by mmo88

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 9:07pm
post #1 of 4

I found a recipe that is like the 1/2 butter, 1/2 shortening buttercream one but also has 1/2 cup non dairy creamer in it. I assume this is the dry version. Has anyone tried it and is it good? Thanks

3 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 3:36am
post #2 of 4

People have tried the powdered version and the liquid. The result depends upon who you speak with. I used the liquid once, and found it to be too sweet for me.

I hope someone else can give you a better commentary.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Jajam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jajam Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 4:40am
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdgirl

I found a recipe that is like the 1/2 butter, 1/2 shortening buttercream one but also has 1/2 cup non dairy creamer in it. I assume this is the dry version. Has anyone tried it and is it good? Thanks

Good question...I wanted to also ask, does anyone know what the dairy creamer is supposed to do for the recipe? Is it for extra stability or thickening?

mmo88 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmo88 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 4:51am
post #4 of 4

I made the coffee creamer cake and then used the traditional buttercream recipe, only thing was that instead of adding water or milk I used the liquid creamer. You could see it in my photos, not too fancy but, my DH and everybody else that tried it say is the best cake that they had ever tried

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%