How Do I Transfer A Picture To A Cake!?

Decorating By KNicole Updated 8 May 2006 , 3:50pm by scWMI

KNicole Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KNicole Posted 8 May 2006 , 3:27pm
post #1 of 5

Hi! New at this and have seem some really awesome cakes on here. I am always amazed at what I see! I wish I had more time to try all the things I fall in love with on this site!!! Something I noticed that really stole my attention is seeing photos transferred to a cake. How do you do this??? I would appreciate any input available???!!! Thank you so much!

4 replies
Birdlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Birdlady Posted 8 May 2006 , 3:29pm
post #2 of 5

Hi!

You need to have a sugar sheet made. YOu can usually get them done at cake shops. It takes a special printer and special ink cartridges. They are made of food coloring. Then you select the photo from a computer and then print just like anything normally.

Hope this helps.
Dawn

tye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tye Posted 8 May 2006 , 3:32pm
post #3 of 5

Most places will do it for about $7. Even the grocery store bakeries will do them.

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 8 May 2006 , 3:44pm
post #4 of 5

I am sure others will respond to your question because there have been a lot of posts on this. Go to the www.Kopykake.com. There is a lot of info there. From what I understand this is not terribly expensive. You can also ;go to www.sugcrafts.com too.

scWMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scWMI Posted 8 May 2006 , 3:50pm
post #5 of 5

I used one on the last b-day cake I did (picture is in my gallery....has purple glads on it). Wal Mart only charged 5.00 to do it, so it was more than reasonable and even put it in a sealed bag for me, so it would stay fresh until I needed it. All I did was peel it off and cut the extra paper with a pizza cutter.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%