Adding Chocolate Chips To Yellow/butter Cake.

Decorating By BakingGirl Updated 25 Apr 2007 , 10:49pm by jenbenjr

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 10:02pm
post #1 of 9

I have had a request for butter cake with chocolate chips. I was planning on using my regular scratch butter cake recipe, makes batter for two 9" round pans. I just wonder how much chocolate chips I can add to the batter without ruining the cake. Anybody knows?

8 replies
mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 10:17pm
post #2 of 9

I knows icon_smile.gif

Add mini choc. chips and you can add as many as you want icon_biggrin.gif, if you don't have minis, process your regular ones in a processor or blender till they are 1/2 size.

HTH!

alibugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alibugs Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 10:30pm
post #3 of 9

I use about a half cup. I never measure though. I just put some in a bowl. Make sure that you toss in flour. If you don't they will all sink to the bottom. Flour keeps them suspended in the cake.

indigojods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indigojods Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 10:30pm
post #4 of 9

I have added both full size and mini chocolate chips into my cake batters. Usually I add 1 cup to a normal size 2 layer cake recipe. I toss them around in a ziploc bag with a bit of flour before adding them so they don't sink.

alibugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alibugs Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 10:31pm
post #5 of 9

indigojods I must have gotten finished a second before you. two minds must think alike

indigojods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indigojods Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 11:02pm
post #6 of 9

alibugs - that is funny that our posts were so close in time and content. great minds do think alike!

BakingGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingGirl Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 2:36am
post #7 of 9

Thank you alibugs and indigojods, indeed great minds think alike.

I had managed to catch that smaller chips are less likely to sink so bought some mini chips today. I will make sure to toss them in flour before adding them to the batter. I will try about a cup and see how that works out.

Thanks again.

msladybug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msladybug Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 3:27am
post #8 of 9

oh yum, this sounds great. I might use this for my daughters b day this weekend

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 10:49pm
post #9 of 9

Oohhh......that sounds good, and I would never have known to toss them in flour. I will have to remember that!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%