Wich Icing Dries Faster?

Baking By ShabbyChic_Confections Updated 8 May 2006 , 7:57pm by SweetInspirations

ShabbyChic_Confections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShabbyChic_Confections Posted 6 May 2006 , 1:27am
post #1 of 13

Hello everyone!! I would like to know what kind of icing can a use to decorate cookies, I would like a recipe of one that tastes good and dries fast!! Sorry for my cookie ignorance !! LOL

12 replies
AshleyLogan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AshleyLogan Posted 6 May 2006 , 1:34am
post #2 of 13

Royal icing is great for cookies, do the outline and the thin it out a bit to pour and fill in the middle.
It tastes yummy.

cakesbgood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbgood Posted 6 May 2006 , 1:45am
post #3 of 13

Royal icing is really good on the sugar cookies! I made some for the school this past valentines and everyone loved them. It seemed to dry fairly fast on them, I let them sit spread out over night to be safe but it didn't take long, they were drying as I was doing other ones.

WendyB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyB Posted 7 May 2006 , 12:32pm
post #4 of 13

My family really likes the Marshmallow Fondant (MMF) on sugar cookies. It is dry as soon as you apply it to the cookies too.

SweetInspirations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetInspirations Posted 8 May 2006 , 1:35am
post #5 of 13

Hi WendyB,
I have a question for you.... How do you get the MMF to stick to the cookies?
Thanks!

debbie2881 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbie2881 Posted 8 May 2006 , 1:38am
post #6 of 13

Royal definately, i just made some royal icing and it was drying on the side of the mixing bowl while still mixing.

cakesbgood Posted 8 May 2006 , 3:27am
post #7 of 13

I know the question wasn't for me lol, but when I was "experimenting" with it I just put a bit of icing over the cookies first, same as you do for a cake, then the MMF. icon_smile.gif

cakesbgood Posted 8 May 2006 , 3:30am
post #8 of 13

Oh, by the way sweetinspirations, your s'mors cheesecake is beautiful!! thumbs_up.gif

antonia74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
antonia74 Posted 8 May 2006 , 3:57am
post #9 of 13

I've attached fondant to cookies using a thin coat of apricot jelly. Stuck like glue!

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 8 May 2006 , 4:26am
post #10 of 13

Antonia's ^^^ icon_smile.gif dries very fast for me. Alice's is good, too but takes a little longer.

TJSCAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJSCAKES Posted 8 May 2006 , 4:31am
post #11 of 13

I love Antonia's royal icing!I let them dry overnight and then package them. It tastes great! especially with the no fail cookies icon_smile.gif

WendyB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyB Posted 8 May 2006 , 7:28pm
post #12 of 13

To attach the MMF to the cookie I just used a small brush and painted the back of the MMF with water. I flipped the MMF onto the cookie, it stuck well and I went on to add my royal decorations.

SweetInspirations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetInspirations Posted 8 May 2006 , 7:57pm
post #13 of 13

Thank ya much Miss WendyB icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%