Has Anyone Ever Covered A Chocolate Frosting With White Fond

Decorating By CakePhun Updated 2 May 2007 , 8:24pm by kelly75

CakePhun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakePhun Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 11

Wondering if anyone has ever covered a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting with white fondant? Does the brown show through?

thanks a bunch!

10 replies
becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 3:54pm
post #2 of 11

the brown will definately show thru......unless that is the look you are going for.......

CakePhun Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 11

So have you tried this before? Oh man I really don't want it to show, I guess I will have to use regular buttercream?

Fancymcnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fancymcnancy Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 4:34pm
post #4 of 11

I have done it and couldn't see through. If you look in my photos, the princess castle, I used chocolate bc for the top tier and the 4 towers and used regular bc for the bottom tier. I can e-mail you a better picture if you want to see it up closer (just PM me).

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 5:14pm
post #5 of 11

yes, I have and the brown doesnt show through. The baby in bath cake in my photos is choc with choc icing & white fondant

However if you make a mistake you cant just work the bc into the fondt and start again, so make sure you place it righ the 1st time thumbs_up.gif

Dawn2467 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dawn2467 Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 8:05pm
post #6 of 11

I just did this last week, and it did NOT show through...I made one of those toilet paper roll cakes...choc cake, choc icing, white MMF. It was very easy, but I did make a large enough batch of MMF to have some extra just incase I messed up... In fact, people were surprised to see that it was chocolate once it was cut.

CakePhun Posted 2 May 2007 , 4:37pm
post #7 of 11

Just for the record.....
Here is the cake I did with chocolate buttercream and white fondant. It came out great and the chocolate did not show through. I attached a picture so you guys could see. Thanks for your help and by the way I tried Toba's Chocolate frosting/buttercream for this cake and it was OUT OF THIS WORLD GOOD! I suggest if you are really wanting to impress try this recipe. It is a bit costly for everyday, but well worth it. Anywho thanks a bunch!
LL

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 2 May 2007 , 7:14pm
post #8 of 11

Wow... what a neat design. Thanks for sharing!

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 2 May 2007 , 7:24pm
post #9 of 11

I love the design too!!! Great cake. The times that I have covered chocolate BC with white Fondant have had good results too.

gypsycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gypsycake Posted 2 May 2007 , 7:31pm
post #10 of 11

Your cake turned out great. Thanks for sharing.

kelly75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelly75 Posted 2 May 2007 , 8:24pm
post #11 of 11

I think it would only show through if you roll your fondant too thin!

Kelly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%