Check Out My Website

Decorating By soccermom17 Updated 25 Apr 2007 , 7:46pm by soccermom17

soccermom17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soccermom17 Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 3:27am
post #1 of 22

Hi All,
i've been working on my website and would love some feed back. Any and all comments/suggestions are welcome. Just be warned that I don't have all of my pics loaded yet (they take forever!), and I am going to redo the homepage and page order. Whenever I find the time!
Thanks for taking a look.
www.freewebs.com/deliciousdesserts

21 replies
mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 4:16am
post #2 of 22

Loved your website. Found it easy to get around on.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 12:05pm
post #3 of 22

Michelle,
You need to put your location on your home page, so people know where you are.

I'm looking for some kind of web site. Freewebs was suggested to me; I'm sorry to hear that it takes a long time to upload photos!

As far as the overall site, it was good and easy to get around.

BabyC1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyC1985 Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 12:14pm
post #4 of 22

lovely, very easy to use and find your way round. Well done

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 12:14pm
post #5 of 22

I think it looks great! EAsy to navigate and easy to see all your pics.

Little linda: I have freewebs too, it does not take me a long time to load my pictures (IMO anyway) maybe 10-15 seconds each? Maybe soccermom has large files? Mine are ususally about 500KB or so and it doesnt take long at all!

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 12:16pm
post #6 of 22

I like it! It's simple and easy to get around in.

vie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vie Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 12:21pm
post #7 of 22

Great job on your website. It was easy to find your way. The only thing is that you should put where you are located. Maybe at the bottom of each page have a phone number and add. Besides that I love the way you placed your photos. It's nice to see a website that isn't cluttered. Again great job!

Vie

soccermom17 Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 11:37pm
post #8 of 22

Thanks for all of your feedback. I will add the location on the hompage, and numbers to the others.
Merissa-I have dial up service and no idea how large my files are. Is there a way to condense them? I actually have to go do other things while one picture is loading, it takes that long.
Thanks for the input.
Michelle

SugarCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarCreations Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 11:51pm
post #9 of 22

Nice site.

bearcreek350 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bearcreek350 Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 12:22am
post #10 of 22

Nice site Michelle. Where is New Hartford? I am in Vinton. Halfway between Cedar Rapids and Waterloo.

soccermom17 Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 2:33am
post #11 of 22

hi bearcreek350.
New Hartford is 15 west of Cedar Falls. Between Cedar Falls and Parkersburg.
I know where Vinton is. I've been to the races before. That was YEARS ago. Nice to hear from another CC'r that is close!

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 11:00am
post #12 of 22

Just a couple of small grammar items you may want to look at...

This is what you have written.....
I have had a love of baking which started over 20 years ago. (Try to avoid which)

Whether it's a batch of fresh cookies for your family, and intimate dinner party or something as elaborate as an anniversary party or wedding of any size, Delicious Desserts can help. (a couple commas and "an")

Pleas note the grammar changes below....

My love of baking bagan over 20 years ago. OR My life long love of baking has given me over 20 years of experience.

Whether it's a batch of fresh cookies for your family, an intimate dinner party, an elaborate anniversary party, or a wedding of any size, Delicious Desserts can help.

One other thing on the home page..Since you list both your name, your phone number and the town you live in do you really want to list your kid's names? Just me being hyper paranoid of course...

On the left side menu where you have Flavors, fillings, and fros... the last part of frosting is cut off. Try to shorten it a bit.

I love the way the pictures are setup...very cute. And they load quickly too.

Best of luck,

Julia

soccermom17 Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 12:36pm
post #13 of 22

Thanks for all of your input Julia.
I truly appreciate it!

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 1:18pm
post #14 of 22

I would think about adding a contact page with your info on it. List your number and email address on there. Looks Good!

BlairsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlairsMom Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 2:14pm
post #15 of 22

Looks great I agree with the others you need your location. Great site and easy to look around.

cor39 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cor39 Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 2:17pm
post #16 of 22

Congratulations on opening your business. How wonderful. Your website is easy to navigate and I like the set up. Do take the time to load the rest of your pics. The way it is now makes it look like you dont have much of a selection. I know it is time consuming, but I think it will be worth the wait. Great job on how it is set up. Best of luck to you.

umfalcon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umfalcon Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 2:24pm
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom17

Thanks for all of your feedback. I will add the location on the hompage, and numbers to the others.
Merissa-I have dial up service and no idea how large my files are. Is there a way to condense them? I actually have to go do other things while one picture is loading, it takes that long.
Thanks for the input.
Michelle

Dial up??? At least get DSL, it's about the same cost as dial up used to be and a bit faster. I have a cable modem and can't imagine going back.

As for the upload time you are suffering from 2 problems, 1. the dial up and 2. you need to save the files "best for web". Most photo editing programs have that feature and I have found it very helpful. When you save the file look at the "file type" drop down box and you should see a few options for size.

Hope this helps

Cynita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cynita Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 2:47pm
post #18 of 22

Great advice from Julia, hope you're available when I'm ready to construct my website. Great advice about not listing the kids name and you're not paranoid just security minded.

soccermom17 Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 6:33pm
post #19 of 22

I wish I could get DSL. We're out in the country and our only option is satellite. One is really expensive and i do need to check with our dish provider. Thanks for all the input. I'll be working on changes today!

lilytexas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilytexas Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 7:20pm
post #20 of 22

congratulations, I liked, hope you get a LOT of customers
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

umfalcon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umfalcon Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 7:33pm
post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccermom17

I wish I could get DSL. We're out in the country and our only option is satellite. One is really expensive and i do need to check with our dish provider. Thanks for all the input. I'll be working on changes today!

I do have one question..is this actual free site or a beefed up paid site. I'm trying to do some research on these sites and they are very deceptive.

soccermom17 Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 7:46pm
post #22 of 22

this site is free. I have not paid one penny, entered my credit card number or anything. I suppose they make their money from their advertisers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%