What Fruit Goes With...

Decorating By carflea Updated 5 May 2006 , 9:24pm by bonniebakes

carflea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carflea Posted 4 May 2006 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 8

Chocolate and peanut butter? I'm trying to come up with a cake for my hubby. Also what frosting is stiff enough to decorate with.

7 replies
carflea Posted 4 May 2006 , 6:09pm
post #2 of 8

His birthday is in June SO i want a rich cake that has a light fruitiness about it.

I was looking for a good peanut butter frosting that i could still decorate with : )

I know you smarties can help me

ttatummm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttatummm Posted 4 May 2006 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 8

Chocolate & peanut butter-- I think banana, it goes really well with both. Don't know if banana fits the bill of "light fruitiness" though.

talking_head Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
talking_head Posted 4 May 2006 , 6:22pm
post #4 of 8

I am assuming you mean dark chocolate not white chocolate. The first thing that popped into mind was dried figs. They do have a nutty/earthy flavour that will complement peanuts and they are rich in flavour to not be sompletely drowned in chocolate. I don't know if its possible to get a light fruity sort of flavor with peanuts and chocolate.

carflea Posted 4 May 2006 , 6:26pm
post #5 of 8

Cool. I just didn't want to make the cake so rich so i was kind of trying to find something to lighten it up. Hmmmm. I will have to think. I know a lot that goes with chocolate but i'm not sure about it going with peanut butter....

stickernoodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stickernoodle Posted 4 May 2006 , 7:03pm
post #6 of 8

How about strawberry or cherry? These fruits as jams go with peanut butter & are awesome coated in chocolate also. You could maybe mix them with whipping cream to make the texture lighter & the flavour not quite so dense.

fmandds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmandds Posted 5 May 2006 , 5:08am
post #7 of 8

I never really decorated with this frosting(only used it as a filling) but I would think you could add meringue powder to it and it might crust.

2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup powdered sugar

cream PB and butter together until well blended, add powdered sugar, mix until combined. Then turn blender to high and beat until fluffy.

I would add the meringue powder with the powdered sugar. If mixture isn't spreadable I add more softened butter.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 5 May 2006 , 9:24pm
post #8 of 8

mmmmmmmm... chocolate, peanut butter and banana!!! YUM!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%