What Filling Would You Use?

Decorating By klkhoneycutt Updated 6 May 2006 , 6:06pm by klkhoneycutt

klkhoneycutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klkhoneycutt Posted 4 May 2006 , 1:06am
post #1 of 9

I have to do a full size sheet cake 16*26*4 I am not sure what filling to put in it I am useing the Butter Cream (with real butter for decorators) found here on this site I am still new to decorating and never have done a middle filling before this cake is for the army ball..comeing up what filling would you use and how is it made?..
Lisa

8 replies
klkhoneycutt Posted 4 May 2006 , 1:11am
post #2 of 9

oh i forgot I am useing a butter cake or maybe white have not decided

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 4 May 2006 , 2:55am
post #3 of 9

I like the raspberry filling you can buy in the sleeve. It's very good with yellow cake and white icing. I'm using it for a cake this weekend. You can getthe filling ready-made at cake supply stores.
Or you could use seedless raspberry or strawberry jam and mix it with some buttercream, that is really good too.

Cindy

Rodneyck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rodneyck Posted 4 May 2006 , 3:21am
post #4 of 9

How about a mango or banana curd or a mousse such as raspberry or pineapple. You could also do another buttercream in the inside layer such as cappuccino buttercream or a liquor such as Creme de Cacao buttercream? Oh gosh, I could on.... I love fillings, lol.

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 5 May 2006 , 1:23pm
post #5 of 9

I love the curds (lemon, strawberry, orange) that you buy in the grocery stores next to the jelly/jams...you can use it right out the jar but be sure to pipe a dam of icing around each layer, or you can mix some with your buttercream nd I would also be sure to pipe a dam of icing around it. You can use seedless jams as well or find some wonderful filling recipes on www.ladycakes.com. Have fun, I am sure they will love it. anything homemade is better than store bought in my book. Pat

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 5 May 2006 , 2:19pm
post #6 of 9

When I fill sheet cakes I generally get the sleeve fillings, then combine them with buttercream. That gives a little more stability with the cutting and it also prevents leaks. Plus - a lot of people I've talked to don't like those sleeve fillings full-strength, so the buttercream cuts the overpowering flavor too.

Somethin-Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Somethin-Sweet Posted 5 May 2006 , 2:42pm
post #7 of 9

I am with the others.....curds are great, so are the seedless jams- Raspberry is my FAV! I have also used Cream Cheese filling-yum- and also chrushed chocolate chip cookies or oreo cookies mixed with the buttercream. No matter what filling you decide, just remember to pipe a dam around the outside, so the filling does not seep out.......forgot to add, chocolate ganache makes a great filling too icon_biggrin.gif

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 5 May 2006 , 8:09pm
post #8 of 9

I think I'd go with adding fruit filling to buttercream. This always gets rave reviews when I've done it.

klkhoneycutt Posted 6 May 2006 , 6:06pm
post #9 of 9

does the cake with a fruit jam mixed with buttercream need to be refridgerated???????????

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%