Graduation Cookies

Baking By ebwmom Updated 4 May 2006 , 7:30am by manatee19

ebwmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ebwmom Posted 3 May 2006 , 4:31am
post #1 of 5

I want to make my niece graduation cookies but her school colors are black and orange. I am not to sure that either one of those colors would be to appetizing. Any suggestions on how to decorate using those colors? Thanks

4 replies
babynewyear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babynewyear Posted 3 May 2006 , 4:53am
post #2 of 5

you could have a diploma or white hat with black and orange accents

Darra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darra Posted 3 May 2006 , 5:06am
post #3 of 5

if her school has a mascot or an insignia of some sort, i would make a buttercream transfer of that and place it on an iced cake icon_smile.gif simple but effective icon_wink.gif

oh darn it... i wasn't paying attention i thought you wanted to make a cake! lol! scrap the buttercream idea, make it royal icing (the mascot or the insignia probably) on no-fail cookies! icon_biggrin.gif

ebwmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ebwmom Posted 4 May 2006 , 3:09am
post #4 of 5

Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't tried a buttercream transfer yet, I am still pretty new to the decorating, but they look fun. Her school mascot is a tiger so I may try to find a tiger paw cookie cutter, a diploma, and a graduation cap. If I get real motivated I may try a cookie boquet. Thanks again

manatee19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manatee19 Posted 4 May 2006 , 7:30am
post #5 of 5

You know what would be kind of cool...

Do the cap and gown black, and put tiger strips on it. I think it would look great, big hit for a teenage crowd.

Just a thought...I'm doing my sisters name in letters too. Another idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%