Cake Idea For Male Coworker Wedding "shower"

Decorating By Cake_Geek Updated 23 Apr 2007 , 8:13pm by crystalina1977

Cake_Geek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Geek Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 12:24pm
post #1 of 6

My coworkers and I are throwing a little party at work this wednesday for a male coworker who is getting married this Saturday. I do not know much about the guy as we haven't actually worked together on a project much at all. He's very nice and we talk occaisionally. I am making a small cake to bring in on Wednesday but I haven't a clue what to decorate it like. I made 2 10" rounds of vanilla hazelnut cake. I was thinking of doing just something decadent but he's seen some of my cakes and knows I can do neat things (did a guitar for another coworker's shower among other things). I didn't want to make him feel slighted in a way.

Any suggestions would be great. The only thing I could come up with is to fill it with a layer of nutella (choc hazelnut spread) and bavarian cream then coat it all in something light like dream whip. I was thinking maybe of using those hazelnut cigarette type cookies around the sides and doing a light shaving of choc on the top.

TIA!
Dia

5 replies
grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 12:36pm
post #2 of 6

Can I come to that party !!??

vie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vie Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 12:39pm
post #3 of 6

Why not make him the tuxedo cake.

nannaraquel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nannaraquel Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 12:47pm
post #4 of 6

I have done a couple of the pirouette-circled cakes--one for my brother, and one for a close friend--and the guys have been really impressed by them. Bonus, they're quick and easy to make! lol Another that the guys liked was chocolate cake, filling, and frosting, with Tootsie Roll roses. It's pretty, but because it's all chocolate it still doesn't have a girlie look to it. Your cake/filling combo would be good with a choc/hazlenut frosting and the Tootsie Roll roses. Whatever you decide, Good luck and have fun! icon_smile.gif

Cake_Geek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Geek Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 2:10pm
post #5 of 6

I thought about doing the tuxedo cake, but I honestly don't feel like doing something somewhat complicated. I just finished a 4 cake drumset last Saturday that I was so happy to finally finish and the smell of bc makes me sick right now at 8wks pregnant. haha.. So I don't really want to make any buttercream.

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 8:13pm
post #6 of 6

I think your idea sounds awesome, just go with that! He'll love it I'm sure.
Crissy usaribbon.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%