First Try At Nearly Everything - Track Jerseys For My Family

Baking By WendyB Updated 5 May 2006 , 1:10am by WendyB

WendyB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyB Posted 2 May 2006 , 7:07pm
post #1 of 12

I cut out the cutter myself (first) used the no fail sugar cookie recipe (first) tried the MMF (first) and also Antonia's Royal.

The cookie on the left is MMF. The cookie on the right is royal.

I wanted to compare the effort and the look. I take the cookies to the girls tonight. I could have tried more decorations but I wanted it to look like the jersey they wear.
LL

11 replies
joanmary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joanmary Posted 2 May 2006 , 7:10pm
post #2 of 12

Very neat!

manatee19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manatee19 Posted 2 May 2006 , 7:12pm
post #3 of 12

Great job! They look just like the real shirt.

ngarza07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngarza07 Posted 2 May 2006 , 8:11pm
post #4 of 12

Do you have a preference now that you've tried both? I'm a MMF addict when it comes to cookies. I have yet to try Antonia's (Helen's) recipe. For me rolling, cutting and placing the icing on the cookie is pretty quick and the finish is perfect every time. I think my hand would die if I tried to squeeze icing onto cookies. Especially since I usually work in batches of sixty cookies.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 2 May 2006 , 8:16pm
post #5 of 12

how do they taste with the MMF...better than royal??? I need to try the mmf...I love the look it gives to the cookies and the drying time........ugh, what a pain it is to wait for royal to dry.

ngarza07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngarza07 Posted 2 May 2006 , 8:30pm
post #6 of 12

I personally do not like royal, but have heard good things about the Antonia royal. The MMF dries, and stacks, and packages nicely. Not hard like royal. One week later and you can bite into the cookie and it is soft. I roll my MMF thin so it doesn't taste too sweet. I like the taste and so do my customers - and that base keeps growing. I need to start saying no to the cookie orders. I have a full-time job plus an active 5-yr old and hubby. My life is full. But still fun.

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 2 May 2006 , 9:44pm
post #7 of 12

Bravo on both shirts. You had great success with your "firsts". The jersey cutter is awesome! Great job. What exactly does MMF taste like? Seems like people either hate it or love it. I've only tried Wilton's fondant at a class icon_eek.gif so MMF kind of scares me.

kos

Phoov Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phoov Posted 2 May 2006 , 9:47pm
post #8 of 12

[quote="Kos"]Bravo on both shirts. You had great success with your "firsts". The jersey cutter is awesome! Great job. What exactly does MMF taste like? Seems like people either hate it or love it. I've only tried Wilton's fondant at a class icon_eek.gif so MMF kind of scares me.

kos[/quote]

KOS~!!!!! Don't be afraid of MMF....Be VERY afraid of Wilton fondant! LOLOL There's no comparison!

joanmary Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joanmary Posted 2 May 2006 , 11:06pm
post #9 of 12

Do you just lay the MMF on the cookie? Anything needed to stick it on?

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 2 May 2006 , 11:48pm
post #10 of 12

If your cookie has already cooled, you can just use a bit of water on a brush. You can also use corn syrup mixed with a bit of water so it is easy to apply. You can also use royal.

If the cookie is warm, and you are ready, just drop the fondant on the cookie.

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 3 May 2006 , 1:57am
post #11 of 12

Wendy they both look good thumbs_up.gif

I don't care for "regular" royal at all, rock hard but Helen's seems to stay soft underneath the top. I love the rolled chocolate cookies but the cocoa powder makes them dry, I think and her icing adds a good compliment to it.

WendyB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WendyB Posted 5 May 2006 , 1:10am
post #12 of 12

2 Nieces, Sister, Dad all seem to slightly prefer the MMF. Everybody liked them both, but if pressed they picked the MMF.

I think the MMF is easier with a real cutter, but with the card stock and the exacto knife, the royal might be faster. I made a few other little hearts and when you have a real cutter you can just whip that MMF right out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%