Mmf Questions

Decorating By jenie Updated 1 May 2005 , 7:44pm by jenie

jenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenie Posted 30 Apr 2005 , 10:56pm
post #1 of 3

Hi Guys,
I heard a lot about MMF. But I could'nt tried it because I don't have a microwave oven here. Out of curiousity, I tried it over a double boiler. It turned out great. Verrry easy to make and yummy. Because I was very excited, I forgot I had no cake ready or cake dummy where I can put my MMF icon_smile.gif So I use my pan as a dummy. I let it sit overnight. The next morning I found out it was hard. Is it because there was no buttercream underneath the fondant?that is why it turned hard? I also made roses out of MMF and it turned ok. What seems to be problem?

Jen icon_smile.gif

2 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 1 May 2005 , 4:51am
post #2 of 3

When I made MMF for the first time, I didn't have a cake to use it on either. I just wanted to see what it would taste like and how it would behave. I even used colored mini-marshmallows (all I had at the time) which made the MMF a very pretty salmon color. I tried making a bow and let it dry overnight. It hardened up pretty good. Then I wanted to see what would happen if I stuck the hardened MMF into buttercream. I did and left it a while...hour or so. It softened right up.

jenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenie Posted 1 May 2005 , 7:44pm
post #3 of 3

Thank's Liza!

Jen icon_smile.gif

P.S.
I love your cakes. They are very pretty!!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%