Is There A Way To "fix" Canned Frosting?

Decorating By MommyChristine Updated 28 Apr 2006 , 12:09am by ASupergirl

MommyChristine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyChristine Posted 27 Apr 2006 , 11:55pm
post #1 of 6

My daughter and I were at the store tonight and she picked up a can of strawberry frosting. I couldn't convince her to just let me make my own, she's six and thinks the canned one will be "like real strawberry flavor", so I caved and bought it icon_rolleyes.gif . Can I fix it so its thicker to decorate with. I don't want to do anything elaborate, I just want it to be more like what I'm used to. Can I just add some 10x to it? Will it alter the taste?
Thanks in advance icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 27 Apr 2006 , 11:58pm
post #2 of 6

yes, can add powdered sugar....just blend like making reg. BC.

will get a more "sugary" taste to it of course.

I usually make a batch of very stiff BC then add the canned to it.

ASupergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASupergirl Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 12:02am
post #3 of 6

add the powdered sugar like Doug says....it will get more sugary tasting..but I found (when I didn't understand all the buttercream recipes and thought the can was the easy way out!! icon_lol.gif ) add a couple splashes of vanilla to it. If you are going to color it to decorate it doesn't matter if you use the cheap stuff..It will help cut down on the sugary taste the extra poweder sugar makes! icon_smile.gif

MommyChristine Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 12:04am
post #4 of 6

Wow,what a quick reply. Thanks so much Doug icon_smile.gif

MommyChristine Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 12:07am
post #5 of 6

Thank you ASupergirl. I actually had a flavoring afterthought but didn't want to come off as annoying, with too many questions..lol.

ASupergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ASupergirl Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 12:09am
post #6 of 6

You can never have too many questions around here...there are so many answers that go around for them!!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%