My First "paid" Cake Job

Decorating By lauriec Updated 27 Apr 2006 , 3:03pm by bekahd

lauriec Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lauriec Posted 27 Apr 2006 , 1:47pm
post #1 of 7

I just finished the Wilton I course on Tuesday and have been sending "free" cakes to work with DH for the past month (class cakes and practice at home cakes). I sent the "Rose Cake" from class on Wednesday morning and when everyone saw it they called me and asked me to do 2 half sheet cakes for a going away party that they were having today. They called and cancelled the other cake order when I said yes.
So cool to be able to do what I love and get paid for it, too. Here's the cake pics. One is of the US Postal Service Eagle Logo and the other is of the "Conversation Hearts" postage stamp that is very popular around Valentines Day.
LL
LL
LL
LL

6 replies
beez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beez Posted 27 Apr 2006 , 1:49pm
post #2 of 7

Great job!!!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 27 Apr 2006 , 1:52pm
post #3 of 7

very nice...must have been a challenge doing the logo!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 27 Apr 2006 , 2:17pm
post #4 of 7

Great job on both cakes! Congrats to you!

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 27 Apr 2006 , 2:47pm
post #5 of 7

Those are so cute! I really like the writing on first cake, too.

DiH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiH Posted 27 Apr 2006 , 2:53pm
post #6 of 7

Nice work... I see lots of cake sales in your future! thumbs_up.gif

It about blew my mind tho' when I read the Rowlett P.O. inscription... I'm in Garland. Small world.

bekahd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bekahd Posted 27 Apr 2006 , 3:03pm
post #7 of 7

Great job! Watch out, though! icon_wink.gif If they're like my dh's office, by the time you finish all three Wilton courses, he'll be coming home with questions from his coworkers like, where are the cakes? Don't you have a class this week? Are you going to be practising some more?

Enjoy it. You'll get a great reputation(looks like you've already done that), and make your hubby the most popular guy at work to boot icon_biggrin.gif

happy baking!
Bekah

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%