How Would You Go About Making Spring Blossom Trees...

Decorating By chefshar Updated 21 Apr 2007 , 2:01pm by gateaux

chefshar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefshar Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 3

1. on the side of a layered cake
2. A Sugar Cookie Spring Blossom Tree to stand on top of a cake.

I am making A large Sheet and a a 8 inch layered cake to stack ontop of the sheet. Going to make a Scene something like this http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=favpics&cat=0&pos=-78854
Instead of the Rainbow that is where I would like to Ice the Blossom Trees.
The sheet will be decorated as a Picnic Scene with My Little Pony toys and other Picnic theme extras.
I am going to make a Sugar Cookie Rainbow & a Blossom Tree to stand on the sheet cake as well.

Any and all ideas and tips on how I can go about piping the Trees and blossoms would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks All! icon_smile.gif

Shar[/url]

2 replies
mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 3

I saw a techique for trees the other day that is SOOOO cool. She took a pan filled with cocoa and outlined a tree shape with her finger, then poured melted chocolate into it and let it harden. The tree shape was like PERFECT with the cocoa over it, it looked so natural. I tried to find the link on FN but they don't have it there. It's an idea anyway icon_biggrin.gif

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 2:01pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizshelli

I saw a techique for trees the other day that is SOOOO cool. She took a pan filled with cocoa and outlined a tree shape with her finger, then poured melted chocolate into it and let it harden. The tree shape was like PERFECT with the cocoa over it, it looked so natural. I tried to find the link on FN but they don't have it there. It's an idea anyway icon_biggrin.gif

Mizshelli, this technique sounds similar to the one of making pouring candies in shaped corn Starch right? I have seen this somewhere, I will try to find the how to.

You have a pan large enough for your design, fill it with cocoa, flatten, shape the tree then, very carefully fill the cavity with Chocolate and let it set.
It sounds a bit tricky but it would really work well.

Once you have the tree, you could make mini blossoms out of fondant or molded chocolate or candy clay and attach with RI or chocolate.

There was a Cake or Chocolate contest a few years ago on Food Network where the Japanese team (I think) made a Blossoming Tree it was beautiful.

Good Luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%