How Much Tylose

Decorating By BlairsMom Updated 20 Apr 2007 , 8:34pm by BlairsMom

BlairsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlairsMom Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 5

I am getting my first Tylose powder today and I need to make something from MMF. I don't want to add the tylose to the whole batch just a small portion that I will be making the decorations out of. How do I know how much to add??

4 replies
sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 10:45pm
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairsMom

I am getting my first Tylose powder today and I need to make something from MMF. I don't want to add the tylose to the whole batch just a small portion that I will be making the decorations out of. How do I know how much to add??

i add roughly a teaspoon to about a tennis ball size amount of Fondant/MMF. it may not be the right amount but it works for me!

if it too hard to work with after adding the tylose in a day or so i just zap mine in the microwave til its workable again..

HTH

cheers

kylie

BlairsMom Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 7:23pm
post #3 of 5

Wow I didn't expect to use quite that much, but thanks so much for the info! That stuff probably goes fast! I will have to try it out this weekend!

SpudCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpudCake Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 8:32pm
post #4 of 5

I recently purchased Tylose to use to turn my fondant into gumpaste. I haven't measured when I used it but just added until my fondant started getting that gumpaste texture. It didn't take much at all. BTW...there were no directions on the container as to how much to use.

Joanne usaribbon.gif

BlairsMom Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 8:34pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks I guess I will just experiment!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%