A Scream In The Dark.

Baking By ShyannAutumn Updated 4 May 2007 , 9:49pm by cakefairy18

ShyannAutumn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShyannAutumn Posted 5 May 2006 , 3:49am
post #31 of 43

Taster: Just tried the pie recipe and oh my gosh it was perfect. Thanks a million.

Zamode tapedshut.gifthumbs_up.gificon_lol.gif

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 12 May 2006 , 3:52am
post #32 of 43

Shyann I am almost done with Hotel California icon_lol.gif

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 12 May 2006 , 6:49pm
post #33 of 43

Zamode...you crack me up. You would get along great with my DH. He used to be the lead singer in a band when he was in high school. He loves Don Henley and the Eagles. Also, I too wondered where you get your cute smilies.

TastersDelight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TastersDelight Posted 13 May 2006 , 12:38am
post #34 of 43

Shyann - glad it worked for you. I use it for pretty much every pie. If you want more buttery taste, sub 1/3 of shortening for butter. But for me much harder to roll and keep it's shape.

Zamode Posted 3 May 2007 , 4:43am
post #35 of 43

A bump for ShyannAutumn because I just saw an old program on VH1 Classic about how Dark Side of the Moon was recorded. Bumped because my feelings about cookies really haven't changed much, I have just become a bit of a cookie conformist against my will.....

ShyannAutumn Posted 3 May 2007 , 3:09pm
post #36 of 43

LOL Zam, have we come up with new "revised" songs. DO TELL!

Well you needed to do something productive since you've thrown your cookies sheets throught the window. *looking at the avatar* over and over and over and over again.

"oooohhh, dream weaver" icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 3 May 2007 , 7:18pm
post #37 of 43

Hehehehehe... this thread is makeing me smile and I needed that..

I make pie crust but I use all butter.. I just love butter.. and it makes it so nice and flakey. The biggest thing you need to do when making pie crust is to have your ingredients COLD. I cut mybutter into 8 pats and then cut the pats into 4 squares and put it in the freezer. And my water is ice water. This is my recipe: this is for one single crust.. my food processor isn't big enough to make a double crust so I have to make it as a single

1 stick of salted butter
1 and 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
2 tsp sugar (if it's a fruit pie.. I leave that out if I use it for a quiche of something)
ice water

Cut the butter into 8 pats and then cut the pats into cubes and put in freezer until needed. Put the flour and sugar in your foos processor and pulse a few times. Add the butter and pulse until it it well incorporated and looks coarse. Drizzle about 2 tbps of ice water into processor while it's going until itis well incorporated (not long). Check the dough.. if you pinch it together and it just holds its shape then you have enough water.. if not add a little more water (1tsp at a time) and pulse. Turn the dough out onto a sheet of plastic wrap and form into a disc shape and put in the fridge for at least an hour.

The most important thing is to keep the ingredients cold and not to over work the dough.. it will seem dry but don't add too much water.. you want to preserve the butter granules in the dough and not make it gummy. It makes a wonderfully flakey crust.. even my grandmother thinks it's the best.. and she taught me to bake.. icon_wink.gif

ShyannAutumn Posted 3 May 2007 , 7:29pm
post #38 of 43

ohhh that sounds yummy. Thanks jkalman, let ya know how it came out.
thumbs_up.gif

suzmazza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzmazza Posted 4 May 2007 , 7:23am
post #39 of 43

Zamode- I will never quite think of that song in the same way again! HAHAH I couldnt stop singing along, thats the sad part. One of us has too much time on her hands?!?! Know what that means, time for bed....If I can get that song outta my head!!! icon_smile.gif

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 4 May 2007 , 2:27pm
post #40 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamode

Shyann, you got it! One of my other absolute favorite bands, I am a child of 70's AOR classic rock. Don Henley Image

Quote:
Quote:

*sheesh, now I have Pink Floyd's Brick in the Wall stuck in my head. Now I will be singing it all day*

You say that like it's a bad thing. icon_lol.gif Hmm........

Forgive me, Roger Waters:

We don't need no cookie cutters
We don't need no cookie dough
No cookies bakin' in the oven
C_P leave that dough alone
Hey, C_P, leave that dough alone
All in all it's just another roll of dough
All in all you're just another baker of dough

We don't need no cookie dough made
We don't need no cookies iced
No chocolate chip or No Fail cookies
C_P leave that dough alone
Hey, C_P, leave that dough alone
All in all it's just another roll of dough
All in all you're just another baker of dough

Spoken part at the end by Roger
Stop, do it again
Stop, do it again
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any cookies
How can you have any cookies when you don't eat your meat?

Edited for one line I forget, shame on me

OMG, I almost pee'd myself from laughing at this!!

ShyannAutumn Posted 4 May 2007 , 4:42pm
post #41 of 43

ROFL, how soon we forget!

Zamode Posted 4 May 2007 , 8:10pm
post #42 of 43

Glad I could add a chuckle to your day ladies! icon_lol.gif

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 4 May 2007 , 9:49pm
post #43 of 43

there is a really good pie crust recipe from Anna Olson. it's a cookie recipe fir "icing sugar cookies" and when i was watching her show she says that it makes a great pie recipe...

if anyone wants to try it out...foodtv.ca, you can search the show "sugar" ...and under the "icing sugar" themed show, there is that recipe...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%