~Starting A New Class~

Decorating By tcturtleshell Updated 3 May 2005 , 8:11pm by mixaleena

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 30 Apr 2005 , 5:51am
post #1 of 18

I'm so excited I wanted to share it with ya'll!!!!!! icon_lol.gif

I just signed up for gumpaste/fondant classes!!!!!! They start on May 9th!!!!! I have been waiting for my friends (who own a cake supply store) to talk a man who shops in their store to teach a class. Well he finally agreed!! He teaching everything from flowers to pacifiers!! I can't wait to start!!!!!!! It will be 3/2 hour classes. I'm soooooooo excited!!! I did learn fondant in Wilton 3 course but it only taught how to cover a cake w/ fondant, make bows, & roses. I've been wanting to learn how to do the flowers on wire & all the other cool stuff. I can't get enough of cake decorating!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif Just wanted to share that great news!! icon_lol.gif

17 replies
tanyascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyascakes Posted 30 Apr 2005 , 7:04am
post #2 of 18

Oh, congrats on the class Tina!! I know that you will be creating wonderful things in no time at all!! You are so lucky!! I can't wait to get back to the states so the I can get to some! Share everything you learn with us, okay?
~Tanya

nashsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nashsmom Posted 30 Apr 2005 , 7:24am
post #3 of 18

You are sooo lucky! Have fun with the class! I am starting Wilton Course 3 in a couple of weeks and can't wait! I would love to take a class like that!

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 30 Apr 2005 , 1:36pm
post #4 of 18

WOOO HOOO Tina!! that is sooo awesome! cant wait to hear about what you learn!!!!!!!!!

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 30 Apr 2005 , 2:40pm
post #5 of 18

Congrats and good luck. I'm sure you will love it!

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 30 Apr 2005 , 3:24pm
post #6 of 18

icon_biggrin.gif you lucky, lucky, lucky girl! i still have to take all my wilton classed first. i start my course 2 next week!!! anyway when i finish my course 3 my instructor said she would teach a class on gumpaste flowers. she is an expert, she about 80 and had a bakery for years. she loves teaching the wilton classes, and said she can teach any class imaginable, as long as we use wilton products (so i guess i will be using wilton for a long time!)
very happy for you!
melody

tcturtleshell Posted 30 Apr 2005 , 10:02pm
post #7 of 18

I've been waiting to take this class since Dec. I couldn't afford taking it with the Wilton instuctor I had. She charges $300 up front! So I was just waiting... This man that is teaching it is only charging $20 a person then you have to get the gumpaste wilton kit & a few other things That's it! I found out today that he's just going to teach flowers in fondant & the wire thingy & more ways to use colorflow. He is going to teach gumpaste flowers but use fondant. Soooo... if I learn how to make the flowers... then I can learn how to make gumpaste by myself...... I HOPE!!

YES!! I will try to pass down what I learn... usually I'm better at telling how to do something then I am doing it. LOL!!

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 30 Apr 2005 , 11:58pm
post #8 of 18

Congrats Tina!!

I may be turning to you when I get settled in and start decorating again!! btw, we are moved in!!! Just gotta clean the apartment and give it back to the land lady!!

Joe

tcturtleshell Posted 1 May 2005 , 2:56am
post #9 of 18

Wonderful news Joe!!! I'm so happy for you guys!! No more bad luck I hope.... It will be good to see you more often on CC & to see more cakes!! Congratulations on the new home!!

Turning to me... ya, I can tell you what to do but I might not be able to do it myself.. icon_smile.gif

cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 1 May 2005 , 3:04am
post #10 of 18

YOu should learn alot TC. How fun.

tcturtleshell Posted 1 May 2005 , 3:11am
post #11 of 18

I sure hope I do! I've been waiting for this class!! I loved doing the fondant roses in Course 3. They were time consuming but I liked doing them! Plus I can sit down at the table & make them!!!! That's the best part!!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 2 May 2005 , 5:30pm
post #12 of 18

Lucky girl! Make sure to check in with us to let us know how each class goes! We want info, info, info!

2cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2cakes Posted 3 May 2005 , 4:09am
post #13 of 18

Congrats Tina with your class and maybe you can pass on some of your tips that you might be learning from the class. Don't forget to take pictures of your finish products. icon_smile.gif

Gloria

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 3 May 2005 , 4:13am
post #14 of 18

Tina...that's wonderful news! I can't wait to hear all about it. Take notes and post!

tcturtleshell Posted 3 May 2005 , 4:15am
post #15 of 18

OH, I will Gloria! I'll pass on tips! ChrisRich is starting classes next week too. So between the 2 of us we should learn a lot!

Mouse, I promise I'll pass on the info icon_smile.gif

Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 3 May 2005 , 5:00pm
post #16 of 18

Congratulations TC! You are going to learn so much. Have a great time!

2cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2cakes Posted 3 May 2005 , 8:08pm
post #17 of 18

Hi Tina! Great idea and congrats to ChrisRich. I am going to see if I can enrolled in the Wilton Course 1 in June, cause the May class already started and I was not quite ready for it cause I had a lot of other things that I was doing including baking cakes. Just need to get my decorating down packed and of cause it takes practicing, practicing and practicing. icon_smile.gif

Gloria

mixaleena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixaleena Posted 3 May 2005 , 8:11pm
post #18 of 18

Yes, let us know how much you learn...

Joann by us has the Wilton Gum Paste class going in July that I was hoping to take, I can only assume it would be similar...it is also $20 for 3/2 hour classes. I would love to know what is taught and whether it would be worth the money.

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%