Shotgun Shell Molds For Fondant

Decorating By 4dollars Updated 25 Apr 2006 , 6:53pm by SarahJane

4dollars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4dollars Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 5

There is a cake on Earlene Moore's website that has shotgun shells around the bottom of the cake. ( I think it's in the grooms cake section) I am tryting to figure out an inexpensive way to make a mold for these for a cake for my husband. I thought about using Sculpy clay and smushing a real shotgun shell in it to make an impression, then taking it out and baking it to make it hard. Can you use polymer clay to mold fondant? Also she has turkey feathers made out of rice paper. I, for the life of me, can't find this stuff in the boonies where I live. How does she make those too?

Sorry so long...Any help would be appreciated...

4 replies
4dollars Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 6:35pm
post #2 of 5

anyone....

p.s. I just realized that I can't type.

imbkay13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imbkay13 Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 6:45pm
post #3 of 5

From what I understand about sculpty clay, you should not use it around food, anything used to sculpt the clay is not to be used on food after. That's just what i've read.

4dollars Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 6:49pm
post #4 of 5

That's what I'm worried about. What else could I use to mold the fondant with? I tried just shaping one by hard, but it doesn't look very uniform.

SarahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahJane Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 5

If you look up molds on a search engine. There are sites for this where you can buy the material to make your own food safe molds.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%