Frosting Sheets

Decorating By GLORIA2005 Updated 1 May 2005 , 3:35pm by Ladycake

GLORIA2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GLORIA2005 Posted 29 Apr 2005 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 3

I have frosting sheets and am trying to to take it off the backing and am using it with my edible printer and I try to take it off the backing and its ripping and its just mest it up is there way to take it off the backing with out messing it up, I tryed to use the edges of the table and its not working to well. maybe let it dry for a little awhile. before I take it off thye baking

2 replies
Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 1 May 2005 , 5:55am
post #2 of 3

Yes...sometimes they take a while to dry. If you don't have time to wait of if you live in a humid climate, you can use a hairdryer. Set it to low and keep it a few inches above the image. Hold one corner of the plastic backing and go in a side to side motion until the sheet stiffens just a little. Then you should be able to peel it off.

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 1 May 2005 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLORIA2005

I have frosting sheets and am trying to to take it off the backing and am using it with my edible printer and I try to take it off the backing and its ripping and its just mest it up is there way to take it off the backing with out messing it up, I tryed to use the edges of the table and its not working to well. maybe let it dry for a little awhile. before I take it off thye baking

if you put them in the freezer for a few mins and get them cold that will help with them coming off.... make sure they are laying flat. Then you can kinda bend it over your counter top and slide it.. it will help to come off cleaner

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%