Shaped Bundt Pans

Decorating By sharyn66 Updated 29 Oct 2010 , 5:38pm by cakesmart

sharyn66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharyn66 Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 12:02pm
post #1 of 11

I just purchased the sunflower bundt pan and was wondering if any one has ever tried to ice one of these and would you use buttercream or could you use fondant? The one in this picture looks like they have put some icing on it im not sure if the picture took or as i tried to attach it!
LL
LL

10 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 5:12pm
post #2 of 11

can't see the photos you're talking about.......and I've never worked with these pans...however.......when I took my wilton class, one girl used the rose bundt pan as her character cake and she decorated it with stars .....but also I read on a thread on CC one time where someone suggested melting the candy melts in the appropriate colors, in your case yellow, maybe some orange for accents, and brown for the center and then bake your cake as usual, remove it from the pan, and then use the melted candy melts to paint the inside of the cake pan where the imprint of the flower is then you could just fill it up a 1/4 inch or so thick with just some yellow candy melts for background color then put the cake back in the pan upside down...pop the whole thing in the fridge and when the candy melts harden back up you can remove the cake from the pan again and you have a chocolate coated cake with a wonderful design. Hope this helps you.

sharyn66 Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 11:16pm
post #3 of 11

thanks KHalstead not sure why the pictures didnt come out they were there this morning so who knows but thanks again

bulldog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldog Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 11:20pm
post #4 of 11

I have the Nordic Ware sunflower pan. What I did is put brown dots in middle like the middle of flower. I then took tip352, med consistancy BC, started around the bottom and just made leaves all the way around (kinda big), just repeated that until I got to the top. Put some edible clear sparkles on. Very pretty, and easy.

sharyn66 Posted 7 May 2006 , 2:42pm
post #5 of 11

thanks bulldog

Schmoop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schmoop Posted 7 May 2006 , 3:08pm
post #6 of 11

khalsted...I like your reccommendation. My daughter's teacher gave me a CASTLE shaped bundt pan to use for their end of the year fairytale adventure. I have aideas for a cake underneath and was trying to figure out how to decorate the shaped part.

bulldog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bulldog Posted 7 May 2006 , 4:00pm
post #7 of 11

Schmoop- I decorated a shaped castle pan. It is in my photosbeside the deer head. Not my best decorating job, but it was for my DD. Aren't I mother of the year?

bjsjoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjsjoel Posted 22 Oct 2010 , 2:34am
post #8 of 11

Fantastic.. icon_smile.gif

bjsjoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bjsjoel Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 2:08am
post #9 of 11

Awesome...

Jennifer1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer1970 Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 4:05am
post #10 of 11

I have the large rose bundt pan, and have never frosted it. I've drizzled it with thinned icing, or just sprinkled powdered sugar over it.

cakesmart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmart Posted 29 Oct 2010 , 5:38pm
post #11 of 11

I have several shaped bundt pans. I buy them because of the detail and don't frost them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%