Best Yellow Cake Filling

Decorating By amy78 Updated 20 Apr 2007 , 3:00am by kingte1

amy78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amy78 Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 6

MY father in-law requested a yellow box cake but I want to make it better anyone know what the best filling for a yellow butter cake? Ideas Please! Thanks!!!

5 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 8:15pm
post #2 of 6

You know I find that the best filling IMHO is the lemon buttercream..just a hint...or maybe a little coconut custard type filling icon_smile.gif

I find, again in my own opinion the buttercream dream is to buttery with a butter cake.
I would use a reg. type of BC

HTH

Christi

Antylucifer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Antylucifer Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 2:28pm
post #3 of 6

Here is a link with 10 different fillings including the recipes for a buter cake:

http://www.recipelink.com/ch/2002/november/ladyandsonsdesserts2.html

And this for an old fashioned butter cake w/filling:

http://www.floras-hideout.com/recipes/recipes.php?page=recipes&data=o/Old-fashioned_Butter_Cake

MommyEdzards Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyEdzards Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 7:12pm
post #4 of 6

Here is what I love and I get soooo many orders for this:
yellow cake w/ strawberry cheesecake filling icon_biggrin.gif
I torte my cake and first give a thin layer of buttercream to hold in the filling ( so it doesn't soak into the cake) and make a nice dam around the edge, then a layer of strawberry jam ( seedless), and then the cheesecake filling which is:

Mix (1) 16 oz heavy whipping cream with 1/2 c granulated sugar on high until nice and thick. Stop mixer and fold in 1 package dry cheesecake flavored instant pudding. Let it set up in the fridge for a half hour.

This is so yummy and such a nice spring like cake!
Good luck!

SILVERCAT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SILVERCAT Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 8:13pm
post #5 of 6

Cookies & Cream filling too!

kingte1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kingte1 Posted 20 Apr 2007 , 3:00am
post #6 of 6

My family's favorite filling and icing for a yellow cake is chocolate. A birthday just isn't complete without one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%