Writing On Cookies

Baking By heidinamba Updated 24 Apr 2006 , 11:49pm by JoAnnB

heidinamba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heidinamba Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 8:25pm
post #1 of 2

Can everyone please share with me their secrets for near perfect writing on cookies? I know there are machines that can do that sort of thing but that is not what I'm looking for. I've heard special hints and secrets about it but I can't recall them. My writing is not bad but it sometimes is not straight and the letters are not consistant. I think I've read about picking a font from the computer and somehow transfering that type onto your cookie? Do you know what I'm talking about? Help guys! When a cookie has beautiful straight writing on it, the look is so much more professional.

thanks!
Heidi

1 reply
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 2

You can cut a stecil for a pattern to trace.
OR

you can make a transfer to use as a guide.
With your printer, print the design onto white paper.
using a small piece of flexible clear plastic, trace the design with permanent marker.

Then, on the reverse side of the permanent marker, trace that design using lightly tinted piping gel, just a thin line. Use this to "stamp" the design onto the cookie surface.

Then using icing, trace over the gel with your finishing icing (royal or whatever)

Each tracing should last a couple of "stamps" and the plastic sheet will last a very long time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%