Strawberry Flavor Cake Recipe?

Baking By beesweet Updated 19 Apr 2007 , 4:14pm by trombonekaren

beesweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beesweet Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 4

I am looking for strawberry flavor cake, that is homemade not from a cake-mix. Like a strawberry cake with strawberry butter cream.

3 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 4

I made up my own by altering a white cake recipe. I replaced the liquid with strawberry puree (use frozen, it makes for more consistent results), and changed from egg whites to whole eggs. I also added some strawberry flavor from earlenescakes.com. (I think it's made of dried powdered strawberries)

People seem to like it.

gypsycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gypsycake Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 5:00pm
post #3 of 4

I use the Super Enhanced cake formula w/DH Strawberry cake mix.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1953-167-Super-Enhanced-Cake-Formula.html
Add 1/2 cup of fresh strwberries cut, or 1/2 cup of froze strwberries well drain and cut. I also use the strawberry flavor from Earlene's. SHCF recipe calls for 1T of vanilla but I use instead 1 1/2 t of Vanilla & 1 1/2 t of strawberry falvor mention above.
For the icing I use Earlene's buttercream creamcheese and add the strawberry flavor to it too. I just made a cake like this last weekend and people loved it. The girl is actually wanting to order another cake like this in 2 weeks.

trombonekaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trombonekaren Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:14pm
post #4 of 4

The Cake Doctor book has two good ones - I made the tripe layer strawberry cake for Easter and although I found it to be really good, but not great, everyone raved about it, so what do I know? icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%