Help!

Decorating By Wandootie Updated 29 Apr 2005 , 8:55pm by cocakedecorator

Wandootie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wandootie Posted 29 Apr 2005 , 4:21pm
post #1 of 5

I need help!

I'm doing a sheet cake for a baby shower tomorrow. The mom to be wants lavender as the icing color. I bought the Wilton Violet coloring yesterday. Needless to say, I've never used this color before. I plan to use Dawns buttercream recipe. I think I've read somewhere here that if you do not use milk in receipe that the violet will dry blue instead of lavender.

If I recall correctly, Dawns recipe does not list milk as an ingredient. (This would be the recipe for the frozen tranfers).

What to do, what to do?

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Wandootie

4 replies
cakeconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeconfections Posted 29 Apr 2005 , 4:33pm
post #2 of 5

I have never had any problems with my colors dring a different color. The one thing i keep it mind is they will get darker, but i do not use milk in my recipes.

momof3jotynjake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momof3jotynjake Posted 29 Apr 2005 , 5:13pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandootie

I need help!

I'm doing a sheet cake for a baby shower tomorrow. The mom to be wants lavender as the icing color. I bought the Wilton Violet coloring yesterday. Needless to say, I've never used this color before. I plan to use Dawns buttercream recipe. I think I've read somewhere here that if you do not use milk in receipe that the violet will dry blue instead of lavender.

If I recall correctly, Dawns recipe does not list milk as an ingredient. (This would be the recipe for the frozen tranfers).

What to do, what to do?

Any suggestions would be great.

Hi wand.. i know that dawn has taught me that use Milk to think her icing... not water, cause the water will break down the ingrediants..

Thanks

Wandootie

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 29 Apr 2005 , 8:38pm
post #4 of 5

I make lavender all the time and never use milk! It always dries the right color with no problems... using wilton vilolet!

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 29 Apr 2005 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 5

i use the wilton violet coloring all the time and have never had any problem with it drying a different color.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%