How Do I Use 'unbreakable Gel'???

Decorating By Arty Updated 18 Apr 2007 , 4:06pm by caryl

Arty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Arty Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 7:34am
post #1 of 10

In my cake supply shop yesterday......buying the whole shop as per usual icon_rolleyes.gif and I came across a produce called ' Clear Edible Unbreakable Gel' (apprently you can also get it in a white version). icon_surprised.gif

I brought it, and it comes with good instructions on how to mix & make it (it comes in power form).......But I am now wondering what I will use it for??? icon_confused.gif Has any body used it and what have they used it for?? icon_smile.gif

Thank you.

9 replies
aine2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aine2 Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 8:00am
post #2 of 10

Yes, I've used it. I piped a spiders web with it and left it to dry then glued over it a little and sprinkled glitter onto it (it was the non toxic but non edible kind which wasn't going to be eaten anyway). I piped onto a piece of plastic then peeled it off easily and trimmed the ends but you can use wax paper on a flat surface too. Also if you spread it onto a plastic surface and allow it to dry, you can then trim it with scissors to make windows, you know, if you were making a construction of some sort, the "windows" can be position behind the frame...if you know what I mean (I don't think I'm making sense now!!) and it will look like a window from the outside. That's all I've ever done with it but I'm sure there will be many more ideas. Hope that helps! thumbs_up.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 8:21am
post #3 of 10

You can use it to pipe whiskers for animals too, Lindy Smith does it a lot - so cute!

emmascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emmascakes Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 8:35am
post #4 of 10

You can use it as a 'washing line' with little clothes hanging off it. Or cables between pylons (can't think why you'd ever do a cake with pylons on but...)

Arty Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 8:57am
post #5 of 10

Thank you all for your quick responses. I guess I will have to play around with it....I was thinking I might use it for an modelled elephant with water coming out of it's trunk.

Aine2 good to hear from you, just been looking at your lastest pics thumbs_up.gif. They are all soo detailed and fab. Still waiting for you to write a book!!! You must have something in the pipeline icon_wink.gif

Thank you

aine2 Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 9:50am
post #6 of 10

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif Cheers Arty! You never know! icon_wink.gif

beany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beany Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 10:49am
post #7 of 10

I have used it to make butterflies too:
LL

aine2 Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 12:14pm
post #8 of 10

The butterfly is beautifully done. What a great idea. thumbs_up.gif

Arty Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 2:12pm
post #9 of 10

So many ideas.....I feel very confident to use this product now......I'm sure I will need a bit of pratice, but I will let you know how I how I get on.

Natasha, the butterfly idea is great, your butterfly is brilliant. thumbs_up.gif

caryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caryl Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 4:06pm
post #10 of 10

icon_confused.gif Is this similar to Sugar Veil? icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%