Toilet Cake Construction Help

Decorating By gilpnh Updated 22 Apr 2006 , 12:19pm by vixterfsu

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 10:37pm
post #1 of 7

Hey All, am doing a toilet cake for my DH 40th birthday next weekend, am baking this weekend, I have printed off the tutorial and have general idea of what is going on but am kinda doing my own thing also for simplicity sake.

I am baking a 2 layer 10inch round, will freeze, hollow out the top round to put the colored piping gel in. My biggest question comes as to what to use for the tank. My 11x7 pan I think will work well laying on its side long ways, 1 layer, I am wanting to feed 50-60 after dinner.

How to attach the 11x7 to the 10 inch rounds for stability, a long trip across town to the place the party is at, I will attach the lid when I get there, DH wants, white cake with buttercream although I am doing the lid and hinges out of fondant. Any suggestions for attaching for stability and if the number of servings will be about right are appreciated.

Thanx a ton, baking tomorrow.

Heather, in a "*&^%&*): mood icon_razz.gif

6 replies
alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 10:42pm
post #2 of 7

i did one of these and i made a 1/4 sheet cake or a 9x13, and then cut into 4s and stacked them doing two then a board and two more for the tank. then doweled it. it stood up next to the bowl with no problems and i used vanilla pudding for the water and an almond joy for the "poop". just an idea.

take a look at my pics it is in there. good luck and have fun!!!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 10:54pm
post #3 of 7

consider: upside down wonder mold for bowel (trip top and bit off back edge to fit flat to tank)

(and how about a little man in the bowl about to do the way of every dead pet fish?)

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 4:04am
post #4 of 7

sounds great!! Thanx alractna, i think I will do the 9x13 in 4ths, much more stable, looking forward to this one!!

Heather

sugarspice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarspice Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 4:26am
post #5 of 7

I made a cake like this- didn't need a lot of servings, so the take was white cakeboart w/ a handle drawn in black marker. I made clear jello tinted with green tea and cut up baby ruth's in it before it set. Quite realistic looking icon_lol.gif

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 11:55am
post #6 of 7

Thought this might be helpful..found this when I was surfing the net...

http://members.nuvox.net/~zt.proicer/cakepict/toiletck.htm

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 12:19pm
post #7 of 7

royal icing under the cake to stick and then
dowel the cake should do the trick.
I find that royal for sticking is great!
v

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%