Soft Icing And Boxing/transport

Baking By MichelleM77 Updated 30 Apr 2006 , 5:50pm by MichelleM77

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 7:55pm
post #1 of 5

Any ideas for how to transport a large amount of cookies when the icing is too soft to stack? I'm thinking of large sheet cake boxes, but is there a way to do a double layer in the box?

Just had an idea......find some way to put another board for a second layer. Maybe use those little round things that come in pizza boxes to separate and support the second board. Maybe there is something sold for this purpose? LOL! My hubby works at a pizza shop in the winter when he is laid off from construction....maybe I can buy some off of them.

Michelle

4 replies
manatee19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manatee19 Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 8:48pm
post #2 of 5

I use the large sheet cake boxes to transport. I don't know how you feel about using a box lid, but you can flip it upside down, putting cookies under and on top. I would tell your clients that their are cookies under it though. I'll keep thinking....

MichelleM77 Posted 24 Apr 2006 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 5

Great idea. Thanks!!

Michelle

vivianne2397 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vivianne2397 Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 5

I find cake boxes are too big and I don't like to stack decorated cookies on each other. I use plain white clothes gift boxes. They come in all sizes and are beautiful when you present it with a ribbon around it. You can also print stickers with your business name or logo and stick it on there and tie with a ribbon around the box.

In my town, after Christmas they go on sale at 90% off. I buy them all! But you can also buy them pretty cheap at the dollar store.

MichelleM77 Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 5:50pm
post #5 of 5

That is a great idea because they aren't very deep. I never would have thought of that. Thank you so much!!

Michelle

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%