No Business, Business

Business By agroeve Updated 17 Apr 2007 , 5:22pm by cambo

agroeve Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agroeve Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 10:12am
post #1 of 3

i make cake for friends and family and word is getting round so a few friend of a friends have asked me to make them a cake. i'm not running a business, but after reading some of the mail here i am a little concerned. i live in the uk and am not sure of the rules any help would be greatly appreciated. do i need some kind of product insurance in case of a lost fingernail type thing. also what about my 'earnings'. i may only make one cake every few months do i have to declare this. i'm very confused but really don't want to give up my new hobby that i love.
TIA

2 replies
sundaybegonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sundaybegonia Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 12:53pm
post #2 of 3

Hi Tia,

First let me say congrats on your new found love of decorating. I love decorating to it really relaxes me and makes feel so proud to give someone a creation of art. Now for your question the first thing I would do would be to contact your local health department or affiliate they can give you the best information there. Please keep us informed of your progress and good luck.

Sunday from Alabama

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 5:22pm
post #3 of 3

sundaybegonia gives excellent advice! The first place to investigate is your local health department!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%