Filling Suggestions?

Baking By Renaejrk Updated 1 May 2007 , 9:14pm by Renaejrk

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 11:21pm
post #1 of 10

I've been trying to decide what to fill my wedding cake/cakes with this weekend. I'm doing a 14" white, 10" chocolate, 6" round. I have used a couple of different things before, but not that happy with them. I know there are recipes for fillings on the site, but I'd rather get your opinions! icon_biggrin.gif

9 replies
Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 12:15am
post #2 of 10

what about rasberry and white chocolate sprinkles?

Renaejrk Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 1:10am
post #3 of 10

Is that a recipe on this site? I haven't seen white choclate sprinkles - where do you get it, or do you make it?

Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 1:53am
post #4 of 10

I just use the candy melts and chop them up in my food processer....

You could use rasberry jam (the seedless kind) and just kinda sprinkle the white chocolate in between the layers... It is very yummy...I have gotten a buch of customers ordering it....

Renaejrk Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 3:11pm
post #5 of 10

That sounds perfect! Thank you so much! (Also sounds sooooo easy!)

pastrybiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrybiz Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 4:11am
post #6 of 10

My favorites are lemon curd, raspberry curd and mango mousse. My daughter prefers flavored buttercreams or pastry cream. icon_smile.gif

Renaejrk Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 12:57pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastrybiz

My favorites are lemon curd, raspberry curd and mango mousse. My daughter prefers flavored buttercreams or pastry cream. icon_smile.gif

YUMMMMM!! Those sound good - are those from recipes here, or would you share your own? PM me if you will! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

Renae

pastrybiz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrybiz Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 11:10pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaejrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastrybiz

YUMMMMM!! Those sound good - are those from recipes here, or would you share your own? PM me if you will! thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

Renae

I looked at your original post and since you are using white cake and chocolate; my preferred combination for fillings would be raspberry puree or jam added to buttercream for the white cake and I would split and fill the chocolate with dark chocolate ganache. Raspberry and chocolate are 2 of my favorites and would be very well received in this cake combination. I don't have time tonight to help you with recipes before the weekend but these can be found just about anywhere; they are pretty basic. Good luck.

ryansmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ryansmama Posted 1 May 2007 , 8:43pm
post #9 of 10

How did your wedding cakes turn out? Just curious, because I will also be making a wedding cake soon...white cake and choc cake tiers also. Did you use the rasberry mixed with buttercream? how did it turn out?

Renaejrk Posted 1 May 2007 , 9:14pm
post #10 of 10

I actually ended up using a very simple recipe from here - "rich cream filling"

1 qt heavy cream
1 pk 4 serving jell-o vanilla pudding mix
1/3-1/2? cup raspberry filling (pre-made or you could make your own)

It was sooo delicious. I actually don't like cake, so I didn't try it in the cake, just by itself!!!LOL Everyone at the reception absolutely LOVED it, though!!! I made a whipped chocolate ganache for my chocolate cake - I should have used milk chocolate (you have to use more chocolate with milk chocolate) because I thought the semi-sweet was too bitter - but everyone said it was great! Thank you so much for asking! Good luck with your cakes - let me know what you use and how it goes - I'm always interested in trying new stuff!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%