Dairy Free Wedding Cake

Baking By Trynity Updated 11 Jul 2005 , 5:01pm by niki_10

Trynity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trynity Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 4:40pm
post #1 of 9

I have a request for a dairy free wedding cake. I know what the cake is going to be, but the bride is looking for another frosting besides the all shortening american buttercream. There's a recipe on here for marshmellow frosting. Has any one used this for a wedding cake? How does it hold up? Can you put fondant over it? Any help or other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks All!

8 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 2 May 2005 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 9

can't answer the question but bumping this to the top

Trynity Posted 3 May 2005 , 9:28pm
post #3 of 9

Thank you. I appreciate that. I see that your location is Hartland, WI...I went to Arrowhead High School, small world!

tcrema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcrema Posted 3 May 2005 , 9:36pm
post #4 of 9

why not do a marshmellow fondant if you are wanting a marshmellow frosting and putting fondant on top of it? It tast great and you have the two combined in one...just a thought!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 3 May 2005 , 10:19pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trynity

Thank you. I appreciate that. I see that your location is Hartland, WI...I went to Arrowhead High School, small world!

Hehe, it is a small world!

Trynity Posted 13 May 2005 , 5:29am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrema

why not do a marshmellow fondant if you are wanting a marshmellow frosting and putting fondant on top of it? It tast great and you have the two combined in one...just a thought!

Thanks for the suggestion! I didn't think of that.

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 13 May 2005 , 7:07am
post #7 of 9

i know that alot of people dont like wilton but they have a stabalized whipped which is non dairy....i think .... and it taste pretty good........Ive used it for a wedding cake worked out good.

Trynity Posted 13 May 2005 , 2:53pm
post #8 of 9

I didn't realize that that was non-dairy. Thanks for the info!

niki_10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niki_10 Posted 11 Jul 2005 , 5:01pm
post #9 of 9

It might be too late, but one thing I wanted to point out is that marshmallows are made with gelatin, and if she's vegetarian there is a good chance she won't eat it. Gelatin is made by boiling hooves and skins. Most vegetarians won't eat it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%