Best Airbrush Gun Ever!!!!

Decorating By 2sdae Updated 16 Apr 2007 , 10:41pm by mixinvixen

2sdae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2sdae Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 20

One of the best airbrush guns ever. check this out, I have a new one and I love it!!!!
http://airbrushcity.com/gd102.htm

19 replies
imaginecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imaginecakes Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 2:50pm
post #2 of 20

Thanks for the link!! Great price too! icon_biggrin.gif

2sdae Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 2:55pm
post #3 of 20

This one is tops too!
http://airbrushcity.com/1104-2007.htm

I got both with my compressor and they are more than worth it to me.

kbrown99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbrown99 Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 2:56pm
post #4 of 20

I got mine from there too. I actually got the GD100 (which is the same as the GD102 except it has a smaller color cup). I really like mine and the price, including the compressor was hard to beat.

2sdae Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 2:59pm
post #5 of 20

If you don't mind me asking, which compressor did you get? How do you like all your stuff from them?

kbrown99 Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 3:08pm
post #6 of 20

I got mine in the cake decorating kit which had the GD100 airbrush and the 144AC air compressor. I really like the air compressor because it's very quiet. I would say it's no louder than running my dishwasher in the background and it has plenty of power/pressure for cakes. I'm still getting use to the airbrush itself, but that's because I had never done ANY airbrushing before I got this kit. My husband thought my first attempts were pretty good though so the airbrush must be good if it can make an amateur look like she knows what she's doing. I got my colors from Kopycake. I got my cleaning solution from there too so that I knew it would be safe when working with foods. HTH

2sdae Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 3:38pm
post #7 of 20

what does everyone use to clean their airbrush guns and bottles with?

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 3:45pm
post #8 of 20

Something I keep wondering about...do you have to buy a specific type of airbrush that is made for food coloring? Or can you buy a regular one and dedicate it for food use only?

2sdae Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 4:01pm
post #9 of 20

as far as I have always been told it doesn't matter which one you use as far as it being for food as long as it has always been so!

Solecito Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Solecito Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 4:52pm
post #10 of 20

Thanks for the info, they look great and the prcies too!! I hope I can buy one soon.

2sdae Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 5:03pm
post #11 of 20

Go to ebay and get one of their package deals and it is cheaper too. At least that's what I did.

kbrown99 Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 5:13pm
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sdae

what does everyone use to clean their airbrush guns and bottles with?

I first flush it with water, spraying it through the nozzle, etc until it's clear. Then I use a little of the airbrush cleaner I got from kopycake to finish it off.

kbrown99 Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 5:16pm
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

Something I keep wondering about...do you have to buy a specific type of airbrush that is made for food coloring? Or can you buy a regular one and dedicate it for food use only?

You can use any airbrush as long as it's only been used with food safe colors. The only other thing to consider is if it has the features you want for doing food airbrushing (size range of spray pattern, etc.). And you probably already know this, you just have to make sure whatever food-safe coloring you're using is thinned enough to not clog the airbrush. Of course, if you buy food color specifically made for airbrushes, that's usually already taken care of for you. HTH

heavensgaits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heavensgaits Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 8:19pm
post #14 of 20

That's an awesome deal on those airbrushes! I got a Powercat airbrush that's built just like the one in the link you provided for $30 on ebay. I bought a Kopykake air compressor seperately. I absolutely love mine! I used it to luster dust the wedding cake my best friend and I just completed and it worked perfectly!

JennBauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennBauer Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 8:28pm
post #15 of 20

I got this one http://airbrushcity.com/1104-2007.htm
on Ebay for $86 that was with shippping icon_biggrin.gif
I love it!!!!!

Ariginal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ariginal Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 9:09pm
post #16 of 20

Hi all on the airbrushing subject can i ask a question also... i havent yet used an airbrush and have bought one and the colours ready to go...

Where do you do your airbrushing? how do you stop it from spreading around the house etc...? and finally how do you do about changing the colours to suit what youare doing ie a dark green into a light or from the purple that is in the set how do i make it deeper that sort of thing..

thanks so much for any help...

happy decorating
trac

kbrown99 Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 9:47pm
post #17 of 20

I haven't had a problem with mine going everywhere in the house. I got a book about airbrushing from Winbeckler, but it's not really a lesson manual like a thought it would be. Anyway, I'm just really practicing right now and use paper towels on top of old newspapers. As far as changing colors to lighter, etc. they do make a white airbrush color that I believe you can mix with other colors, but you have to be careful with it because it has a tendency to clog the airbrush if you don't clean it out well after using it. HTH

mdutcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mdutcher Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 10:01pm
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariginal

Where do you do your airbrushing? how do you stop it from spreading around the house etc...?

I don't have one yet, I've been looking in to it, though.
I thought that when I get it I could set up a card table and use one of those tri-fold boards (Like they use for science projects) that way there's like a 3 sided wall all around the spot where I'm spraying.
Does anyone else do it like that, or is that overkill?

cryssi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cryssi Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 10:29pm
post #19 of 20

thanks for the link! My husband was watching my tivoed Ace of Cakes yesterday (before he deleted it) and marveling at the burger/fries/onion ring cake. I told him that the next toy I want is an airbrush! rofl

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 10:41pm
post #20 of 20

i just bought a lady out of her cake decorating supplies/business, and when i was picking everything up, including her airbrush, she recommended to me to buy a large clear rubbermaid storage container with lid. buy a vent fan (like for a bathroom) and cut a hole the same size in the back of the storage container, then install the fan and caulk well around the sides to make it airtight. then cut two holes in the front for your arms to go through. you can place your cake inside, put the lid on , and just reach through to spray your cakes. the fan will suck the additional spray into the filter. voila!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%