So Excited! Wilton Clearance Sale!

Decorating By barbaranoel Updated 29 Apr 2006 , 12:37pm by stylishbite

barbaranoel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbaranoel Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 1:39pm
post #1 of 33

I am so excited. My husband has agreed to go to Chicago for a weekend in June so I can go to the Clearance sale at Wilton. We live in Columbus so its a 6+hr drive. Now I have to find the hotel deals! Priceline - here I come icon_biggrin.gif .

Barb

32 replies
cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 1:48pm
post #2 of 33

WOWzers sounds fun!! wish I lived closer!! How did you find out about thier sale?

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 1:50pm
post #3 of 33

The tent sale is from June 2nd to June 20th.
I wish I could go too....

Cake_Geek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Geek Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 1:51pm
post #4 of 33

They have one every June. It is really huge and neat. Some of the items are a real deal and some are still a bit expensive.

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 1:53pm
post #5 of 33

This is wonderful!! I was wondering if people actually come here from other states for the Wilton Tent sale. I live only minutes away from Wiltons headquarters where they hold the tent sale every year. It is pretty fun! Lots of people come and there are GREAT Buys!!! And I would say that the tents that they have up are equal to a football field or two!!!

Tweedy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweedy Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 1:53pm
post #6 of 33

Is this sale at the Wilton school?? I'll be in St Louis at that time and wouldn't mind going for a drive to get some good deals. icon_smile.gif

qtkaylassweets Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 1:55pm
post #7 of 33

The sale is in Woodridge IL. It is at Wiltons offices. The address is on Wiltons website. I think that it is on 75th st.

llee815 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llee815 Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 1:56pm
post #8 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweedy

Is this sale at the Wilton school?? I'll be in St Louis at that time and wouldn't mind going for a drive to get some good deals. icon_smile.gif

The tent sale is at their headquarters right by the expressway. I, too, only live a few minutes away. It's a huge white tent that's equal to a football field. Tons of great deals!

qtkaylassweets Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 1:56pm
post #9 of 33

Here is the link about the sale.
http://www.wilton.com/events/index.cfm

Tweedy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tweedy Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 2:14pm
post #10 of 33

Thanks!! I've bookmarked the ad and signed up for the reminder. icon_smile.gif

wendysue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendysue Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 2:16pm
post #11 of 33

Wish I could go!! Sounds sorta dangerous though... I think I'd have to leave me credit card at home! lol icon_lol.gif
Hope you find a lot of cool stuff! thumbs_up.gif

qtkaylassweets Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 2:20pm
post #12 of 33

Its funny, it is like having tons of coupons and getting to use them all at once!!!

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 18 Apr 2006 , 7:24pm
post #13 of 33

I can't wait to go! A couple of my class mates in the wilton course want to do a road trip up their (we're only 2.5 hrs drive time) I am hoping we get it worked out to go I would love to get some great deals!

Cake_Geek Posted 19 Apr 2006 , 11:39am
post #14 of 33

Anyway I can get someone to grab me a set of hexagon pans if they are on sale?? icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

qtkaylassweets Posted 19 Apr 2006 , 2:25pm
post #15 of 33

No problem! Last year the hexagon pans were 60% off!!!

candyladyhelen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candyladyhelen Posted 19 Apr 2006 , 2:32pm
post #16 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot_Contessa

Anyway I can get someone to grab me a set of hexagon pans if they are on sale?? icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

I think it's a better deal when you use the 50% off coupons for Michaels
& AC Moore. That's how I get all my expensive items.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 19 Apr 2006 , 2:44pm
post #17 of 33

Unfortunately, not all AC Moore's and Michael's carry all the different shaped pans. There are 4 of them within 30 miles of my home, and none of them carry the odd-shaped pans. I'm lucky one of them carries the cookie pop pans, which I needed for a project last month!

Whoever is going to the Wilton sale, have a great time, and let us know what you got!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Cake_Geek Posted 19 Apr 2006 , 3:28pm
post #18 of 33

The acmoore and michaels near me don't carry the hexagon pans. In fact, none of the 3 actual cake stores around me carry them either. So I'm stuck to ordering them.

doitallmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doitallmom Posted 19 Apr 2006 , 3:37pm
post #19 of 33

OH MY!!!! This is so exciting, I'm about 4hrs. away from Wilton, but my DH has family there and we usually try to get down there at least once a year- June would be a great time to go, especially between the 2nd and the 20th!LOL Thanks for the heads up ladies

qtkaylassweets Posted 19 Apr 2006 , 5:33pm
post #20 of 33

The michaels and hobby lobby by me do not carry any of the pan sets like hexagon or the petal pans, that why I end up at the tent sale every year!!!

Biebelenyip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Biebelenyip Posted 19 Apr 2006 , 6:56pm
post #21 of 33

icon_cry.gif . I don't think DH would want me to fly 8 hours for a Wilton sale. Maybe next year - and than in combination with a mastercourse?

cande Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cande Posted 19 Apr 2006 , 7:07pm
post #22 of 33

Wooo Hooo! I'm going to be home during the Wilton Tent Sale, so a trip to Chicago is doable!!

I need some advice though--

°Has anyone ever been?

°What's it like?

°Any insider tips to share?

°Where's the best deals? (Specific items not to miss?)

°Is everything discounted?

°How early do you need to arrive--is it a mad house and how do you carry everything if it's in tents?

°Are there special sales each day or are the offers the same each day?

°Is it cheaper to buy at the sale or to use the 40% off coupons at Hobby Lobby, Michael's etc?

°Anything else you can think of to share?

Thanks for your input! I want to be prepared

Anyone else going? What day are you going to be there? Maybe we can meet up...CC shopping gathering?

pinkopossum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkopossum Posted 19 Apr 2006 , 7:42pm
post #23 of 33

Lucky You! icon_biggrin.gif

qtkaylassweets Posted 19 Apr 2006 , 8:12pm
post #24 of 33

I have gone there 2 years in a row now and it is great!!!
There will be alot of people there, so be prepared to get bumped!
The tent is about the size of a football field or two and it is in the parking lot of the Wilton offices.
Everything there is discounted! They do not nessessarly(spelled wrong icon_razz.gif )have evry single item in the yearbook- well, maybe they do. they do have alot of older items, which i think is great!
They have the other lines of items that they carry also! (Copco, rowoco and more)
They have shopping carts or baskets whichever you prefer!
I would say that the first day (first few days)are the busyest(can't spell)!
But, If you are looking to find specific items, then I would go within the first few days!
They do have special deals each day! ( thats why I go a few times!!!)
I do not see Michaels being cheeper. This is a once a year thing that they do and the prices are GREAT!!!!!
I hope I answered all of your questions. Have more?
Let me know
(i don't know how to put you message on here) I am still learning!!!

qtkaylassweets Posted 19 Apr 2006 , 8:15pm
post #25 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtkaylassweets

I have gone there 2 years in a row now and it is great!!!
There will be alot of people there, so be prepared to get bumped!
The tent is about the size of a football field or two and it is in the parking lot of the Wilton offices.
Everything there is discounted! They do not nessessarly(spelled wrong icon_razz.gif )have evry single item in the yearbook- well, maybe they do. they do have alot of older items, which i think is great!
They have the other lines of items that they carry also! (Copco, rowoco and more)
They have shopping carts or baskets whichever you prefer!
I would say that the first day (first few days)are the busyest(can't spell)!
But, If you are looking to find specific items, then I would go within the first few days!
They do have special deals each day! ( thats why I go a few times!!!)
I do not see Michaels being cheeper. This is a once a year thing that they do and the prices are GREAT!!!!!
I hope I answered all of your questions. Have more?
Let me know
(i don't know how to put you message on here) I am still learning!!!

Ok- I think I learned something new!!! thumbs_up.gif

cande Posted 20 Apr 2006 , 12:43am
post #26 of 33

Thanks qtkaylassweets! I'm already working on my list of 'must haves'...and am bringing DH with me to divide and conquer icon_biggrin.gif lmao!!

Is there a must-have game plan...like a certain side fo the tents to start out on? I know when it came to trunk sales there were always some insider tips to be shared...just wondering if the big W is similar...

Does it pay off to get there earlier than opening time, or is it not that crazy crowded? (lol, remember that commercial with the lady in the parking lot banging on the glass "open, open, open" lol...Ok maybe I just dated myself icon_lol.gif

Thanks for the tips!

qtkaylassweets Posted 20 Apr 2006 , 1:59am
post #27 of 33

There will be one entrance to the tent and one exit. They have it laid out pretty nice. Last year, when you walked in, the first isle was all of their other products (copco, etc)
The second, third, and fourth isles were all cake/cookie/candy items!!!!
They have long long isles with tables set up in lines and all items are on the tables.
I think it opens the first day at like 4:00 pm or something like that.
I am hoping to get in line earlier this time!!!

steplite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steplite Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 1:40pm
post #28 of 33

I went to the tent sale last year. I spent a lot of money because I was new to cake decorating. Now I know what things I really need. I didn't like the Vanilla. It had a very strong taste like alcohol. Maybe it was old. I bought a lot of pans,(some I haven't used yet) But in all, I'm looking forward to going this year with a list.

cmmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmmom Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 3:46am
post #29 of 33

I've gone to the sale the past two years also. Another good advice that has not been said is .... make sure you bring an empty car icon_lol.gif (especially if you are going with a friend)! icon_lol.gif Last year was the first year that I was really into cake decorating and spent WAY WAY too much. I, too, have yet to use everything that I purchased last year. This year, I will be more conservative and not be a mad woman. Happy shopping!

ONLY 38 MORE DAYS TO JUNE 2nd AND COUNTING......(not that I'm too excited or anything) lol

cande Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 9:22pm
post #30 of 33
Quote:
Quote:

I think it opens the first day at like 4:00 pm or something like that

So it's only open for a couple of hours the first day?? That wouldn't make it worth my while --to drive 3 hours each way only to be able to shop for a couple of hours, lol.

When is everyone else going? I guess maybe I will have to settle for the second day instead of opening day...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%